Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2nd in Stars $3 Rebuy MTT for $2935

I had a half written post about the pain of crashing out the Stars $11 Rebuy $40k Gtd in 11th place after getting KK in v AQ,the flop coming K 8 8 and the villain hitting runner runner Aces to make a better full house, but now I have a wee score to write about instead I don't need tell that bad beat story...

Last Friday night I gave up on Mtt's and 14 tabled 45/180 player turbo sng's instead.On Saturday evening I gave up giving up Mtt's and registered for my usual 25-30 games.I'm glad I did!

The $3 Rebuy ( $20k Gtd)lasted over 9 hours,finishing around 5am and as I didn't have the lobby open and I have Stars set to close tables when I crash out I don't even have a screenshot to show my 2nd place.

I scored some fine herb earlier that day so most of the game itself is a bit of a blur.I do recall checking my stats at the final table and I'd won 13/15 hands that went to showdown and 50 pots without any showdown.One thing I didn't do was load up more tables when my other tourneys finished which meant I was able to focus as fully as is possible after about 15 fat smelly blue cheese smokes!

As usual the decent money payouts didn't start until the final table and to be honest I had a fairly easy ride of it when I did get there due to one player with a huge stack running over the table and when he didn't raise I did.He knocked out the 3rd and 4th place in one hand and had a big lead when we got heads up.I doubled up once before losing with Aces.The extra $1k for first would have been nice but after my recent run I'm happy with 2nd and a $3k score.

I also played enough poker on Stars last month to hit "goldstar" which isn't too bad for a weekend warrior.( as the pro sharks like to call us part-time fish!)

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...









3 Comments:

At Thursday, 11 April, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Zagga. Show me the ways...
Stars is crushing me this year...

-GuitarJ

 
At Friday, 12 April, 2013, Blogger grrouchie said...

I miss Stars.

I had a really great run in the $11r a few years back where I came in 15th, 9th and 3rd. (I remember the 15th and the 3rd, but there was another good one that I can't quite place in there as well).

The 3rd place was my biggest cash of any tourney even to this date!

 
At Sunday, 14 April, 2013, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers GJ.Keep playing your game mate.

Hopefully you guys will get Stars back soon grrouchie.With the rebuys inflating the prizepool and the slower blinds the $11r is definitely good value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document