Sunday, April 14, 2013

4th in Stars $33 Saturday Speedway for $4k




Three hands into this tourney I lost half my stack with Kings just as I was bubbling a $3 Rebuy Sat for a $162 tourney ticket.(came 15th for $69,top 14 got a ticket)

Got lucky about 30 hands after that Kings hand ( I'm a patient nit if nothing else) when my AQs made a straight V KK. Next up a laggy big stack opened on my bb from the button and I shoved 2.5k in with A4s and held v his K5. A5d won v JQ for a big pot.Kings again and they hold! It's a goddamn mother fuckin' miracle.Behold am I actually experiencing the "H" word? Heeeeeeturrrrr! 93o/s bb special when I flop two pair v limped Aces and AJ. Money goes in on the flop and for the first time in my life I was happy not to see a fine pair....on the board.1010 beating AJ took me to 350k in chips.AK beating 55 doubled that plus a few steals meant I was hanging around 8-12th place.

It was already $456 for 12th so I took a slug of Cola out of a bottle in the fridge around 2am to stop my brain completely fuzzing over and hung on for the final table.Once there I raised the first hand after the break but probably took it too easy after that.I was pretty card dead though, and didn't have a big enough stack to raise/fold or make many moves.

With the blinds rising fast I nursed my stack along, managed to steal a few more pots and watched the rest of the table destroy each other until we got 4 handed.Pretty standard as the shortstack to shove my last 400k in with KQ and run into AJ. Hit my King on the flop,had a quick glance to see it was a 779k pot and to begin to dream of pushing on from 2nd or 3rd place.... just before the Stars 14 Ace deck duly delivered that pocket rocket right up ma poker rectum.Roond Ye!

Ding Dong.....Ship the $4111.96 though!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 14 April, 2013, Blogger L4Y SP said...

fkn awesome gg !!!

 
At Monday, 15 April, 2013, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks L4Y!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document