Thursday, May 02, 2013

ReBlog

If only blogging was like twitter and I could simply pick somebody else's clever witty blog post and repost it instead of having to come up with my own not so witty or clever bollocks to write about.

To my surprise I'm actually quite liking the twitter thing ( @Heavysprinkles) so far.One day I may even get the hang of all the lingo and all the hashtag trending stuff.I can also make the confident prediction that many of the twittering teenage girls of today will be able to set a world record for the "largest group cringe in history" if they all get together in 10 years and read their "Oh Justin I'm so proud of you" tweets from 2013! I'm just glad twitter wasn't around when my walls and ceiling were covered in Madonna posters 25 yrs ago. "I'd just stay in and play with my titties all day" #IfIwasMadonna

The @RFCfanspoker play money game last Sunday was good fun too although I did feel a bit tongue tied when someone mentioned they'd read my blog ( link is on my twitter page).At least I've cured another case of insomnia.My only gripe was that I came 3rd and when the top 3 result was tweeted later someone else was credited with 3rd place! I've not seen it mentioned as breaking news yet but perhaps the words media are waiting for the outcome of the judicial review I've demanded on the basis of good old "sporting integrity"! Not that I'm being over competitive or taking a play money game too seriously...

Not much to shout about over the last few weeks at the real money poker.I did make gold star on Stars for the second month running and will hopefully earn enough vpp's to take another shot at the big $55 again soon.It's probably just variance but I'm also doing far better at the 45 player turbo's ( $7 and $15) than I am at the 180's, but I suppose it only takes a couple of 180 wins to make up for an awful lot of nasty exits.

I did have one moment of Deja vu at the tables last weekend when I happened to notice someone saying hello in the chat as I was playing a load of tables.Yes it was just like old Bloggerment times as Mair38 and I stole each others blinds on a regular basis! The Bloggerment numbers dropped near the end of its run but we did get 40 runners at one point and I wonder if it would be worth bringing it back as a one off game to see if we could get a few old faces back round the virtual table.I suppose with social media moving on and hardly anyone blogging about poker these days it may need to be renamed the Twitterment Tourney!

Not much else going on.Had a bit of a shit week at work and looking forward to the long weekend and being part of the biggest football crowd in the UK on Saturday to watch us play Berwick and get presented with the 3rd Division League Trophy.For me it's more of a first step on the long road back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football than being about a big celebration but Two Pies ( cousin) and I are certainly going to enjoy the day.

Thanks for reading.Back soon..
















4 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 May, 2013, Blogger dD said...

hope you enjoyed the footie :)
re twitr - wee boys and new toys, lmfao.

 
At Thursday, 09 May, 2013, Blogger dD said...

ugh, I can view TWITr feeds at work.

fml. Rosie is a TWITrholic !!

:)

 
At Friday, 10 May, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
It'll be you next Duds, little point in resisting :)
Rosie

O btw, Acorn, please can you turn off the word recognition. Have to put my glasses on to work out what the words are #geriatric #iknowright? ;)

AND IT ONLY WORKS IN NASTY INTERNET EXPLORER FOR ME

 
At Saturday, 11 May, 2013, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yep saw Dudleys latest blog post.I give a month before he's signed up and twittering!
I did try turning off the word recognition thing but I end up having to delete zillions of spam comments.Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document