Saturday, June 04, 2005

Great poker night!

Up $163 over a 10 hour session.I'm a bit unsure what level I want to be playing at though.The highest level earning big $$$ is where I'd love to be but I'm being realistic.I'm up $397 over only 3297 hands at $1nl mostly full ring,up $111 at $.50nl 5max,9288 hands ( which I probably enjoy the most) but I'm up $575 over at.25nl from 6931 hands.
Obviously I make more more at the lowest level ( esp 2 0r 3 tabling) but its a fairly poor standard and probably isn't teaching me much.

The bankroll sits proudly at $665 and I need to be careful.Been here before and blew it.This is not going to be a blog about bad beats and I'm not even sure it would count as one but the one that set me off on the downward streak happened when I was playing $5-$10 and with the river to come I had the straight flush draw.
A 9c on the river would have won me a $1400 pot.There were 2 others in the pot and one guy at tptk and the other the Ac giving him the A flush if he hit a club on the river.He bet $700,I knew he had the Ac,the other guy called and I folded.The river brought the 9c which would given me a straight flush and a huge ( well for me) pot.
I was in complete and utter shock.I kept trying to tell myself that I was right to fold ( an 11-1 shot) but my poker soul was temporarily destroyed.
Something I've learned since which helps stop me tilting is that the programmes pokerroom etc use are continually shuffling so in the example above if I had called the 9c probably wouldn't have come anyway as I would have hit the call button after a longer pause.Hope that makes sense.It certainly helps when you fold 62o/s from the sb and the flop comes 66A.Cuts out all the "If onlys".

Anyway last night was probably ( apart from my $350 tourney money for a 3rd Mtt pl) the most I've made in a night so no more sorry tales of blowing bankrolls.( I hope!).
I'm going to stick to 2 0r 3 tabling the .25nl tables and stay focussed on building the bankroll before stepping up.The problem is that with only a $25 buy in and a $665 roll its easy to get complacent and over confident.I read somewhere that even if I'm a much better player than the 9 others at my table I've still maybe only got a 55% to 45% edge over the worst of them ( taking luck into account) so it never serves to be too brash about it.

Not much on today.Watched Scotland beat those footballing aristocrats of Moldova 2-0 which gives a us a small chance of making the World cup next year in Germany.Crap game but good result I suppose.
Thats the league season over now.Already paid for my season ticket to see the Champions in action next year.Had one for about 10 years now ever since I stopped working weekends and became an Mon-Fri 9-5 monkey.I want to get a "The helicopter is changing direction" t-shirt for my Dam trip.For one thing the mate I'm going with supports TGU ( The Great Unwashed) from across the city and it'll wind him up.The phrase is in honour of the commentator saying it when the goal went in 2 minutes from the end and the helicopter carrying the league trophy had to change course pdq.Great stuff.
TGU had brought a banner to our ground in April when they beat us reading " We won the league at Ibrox ,5points clear".No you didn't you fuds.lol. Must be the sweetest win since we did 9 in a row a few years back. Ah the Blue sea of Ibrox.Its the greatest sight that I have ever seen!


Went out to the health shop and boughy some Royal jelly and honey for my sister.Mrs A read an article about cancer fighting properties in them and it can't do any harm.Dropped them off at my Mum and Dads and am now waiting on my pizza cooking.( smells great).Ok I'm back I'm fulla pizza,got a joint rolled and I'm gonna hit da tables...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document