Sunday, July 24, 2005

Anti Tilt Quote

Just a short one today.Firelotus ( poster on cardplayer.com forum) kindly gave me permission to use a quote of his.I wrote the other day about how my poker confidence had taken a battering after only a few bad tilting sessions.Reading the words Firelotus wrote finally snapped me out of
my tilt when I "Let it go".

"There is this weird psychology in poker that when you're on a losing streak, you feel you really were never as good as you thought you were and that you will never win again. Let it go. IF you need a break, take it. Only you know. In any case, be prepared to come back fresh."

Simple stuff really but just the trigger I needed to get my game back on track.

Played 10 hands at .25nl before going out last night.$6 profit.

Had a great night visiting Wee Stu and Fiona and seeing their 12 week old baby Kate who really is a wee cracker.Got back about 3.30am and as I'd had a few beers I hit the play money tables for 1/2 hour before crashing out.Can't remember much about it other than going all in on a bluff with 72 ( soooted) and showing it when the villan folded.Amused me anyway.

I've written to blogspot support because I've no idea why my profile/links/archive have decided they would rather reside at the bottom right hand side of my blog.I've probably screwed up when adding links.I've added a couple more links too.( if you can find them). http://will-wonka.blogspot.com/ and Thepokerchronicles.com.
Both great blogs and worth a look.

I see the Italian football authorities read yesterdays post (yeah sure) and have reversed the decision not to allow Inter Milan to travel to the UK for a pre-season tour.Good to see commonsense prevail.

Just finished my Sunday roast dinner.Time to pay a couple of bills,walk the dog and hit the tables...

5 Comments:

At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

Just think back to the last thing you did before it messed up the page and try undoing it...

Sometimes it's that simple, but not always. Good luck

TripJax

 
At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Trip.All I've done is add links but I must have done something!
I might set up another temporary blog and that way I can compare templates.
cheers,
Little Acornman

 
At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Whilst I admire that 7-2 off play. You need to do it for real money! :-) it takes balls to be a dedicated 7-2 off player. Be that man!

 
At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Balls and a bigger bankroll than I have Juice.I played 72o/s in an nl ring game the other day and made the lowest pair on the board and promptly folded to the first bet.I should just have gone all in.....

 
At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Your talking to a man with pratically a non existent bank roll. All us humble low limit players have is dreams to fuel our lust to bring down hands with the 7-2 off. Its not money that makes you play that hand its the glory! Think of that next time you decided whether to go all in with the hammer! we believe in you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document