Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Giant leap

Had good fun last night on the new trampoline.Plenty of giant leaps.Only took 1/2hr to build and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.Its 13ft and looks like a UFO has landed in the garden.The wee one loves it though and thats the main thing.I quite enjoy using it too and when the wee one is away at numpties ( her dads) this weekend I'm going to thoroughly test it to make sure its up to standard.I'm looking forward to using it during breaks in my tourney final tonight.Should help get the blood flowing.I usually run up and down the stairs a couple of times.My poker cupboard is quite small and it can't be healthy to sit for hours staring at a small screen.

Didn't bother play Sng's last night but hit the .50nl tables instead where my bad run continued and ended up down $60.Decided to play $2nl and finally got my game together.I know moving up to chase when your stuck is not usually a good idea but I really tightened up my starting hand requirements and left after making $40 when my A 10 from the button hit 2 pairs.Lost $20 overall but I do feel much happier about my game.

I've been doing a lot of thinking ( thats what that grinding noise is) about my game and my small downswing and have come to the conlcusion that my poker confidence is quite fragile and only experience and the passing of time can help.I'd like to think I'm a winning player.Pokertracker says I am after 26000 hands and I've cashed out this year and never redeposited but I think until I've got 2 or 3 winning years behind me I'm never 100 % sure that I'm heading in the right direction.I know that even the best poker pros are still learning and adapting all the time and I don't ever expect to be the "complete" player but I think the confidence of knowing that I can be a consistent winner over 100,000 hands and a few years rather than 26k and 8 months would in itself help my game.

Not easy to forget about poker.Was in a training course when the trainer asked us what the 25% figure she had written on the board meant.Its too tight a game.Time to find a new table.
When she asked how to deal with "the next customer" when you've just had 3 or 4 screamers in a row I started thinking of bad beats and playing every hand correctly.The joys of being a Holdem addict.

Quiet night in with Mrs A ahead.Playing in the 888.com/The Sun final tonight.Would love to win or come second.There's a place in the UK Poker Open and a trip to Monte Carlo up for grabs.

At 10pm my favourite tv show "Still Game " is back for a new series and it was so popular in Scotland its being shown throughout the UK this time.Its about 2 old blokes called Jack and Victor and its very funny.

I'll hopefully still be in mid tourney battle but after the poker week I've had I'm not setting the timer on the video just yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document