Monday, July 25, 2005

Got my number?

Started off by making $12.75 in 16 minutes at .25nl and due to my hangover thats where I intended staying.I've not played a sng for a while though so decided to play a 5 max Pokerroom $5.50 turbo Sng. Came back from nearly a chip and a chair to win that one for $12 net.

So with all going well I decided to go back home to $1 nl.

I played two interesting hands against the same opponent and I'm still wondering if he had the flush in the second or wether he just had my number.( had the better of me).

Ok so the Villan raises $3 and with one caller I call too from late position with Ah 10h.
Flop comes Jc 3s Ad and the raiser bets $6 and I'm the only caller.I'm hoping its a pp like QQ or KK I'm up against but I'm willing to fold to a big bet on the next street just in case he's got AK or AQ.

Turn comes an As and he checks to me and I'm starting to think I'm right about QQ or KK and he's worried I have the A .I bet $8 and he calls.River is 7c and he bets out $25.

Now I'm thinking he had 77 but I couldn't persuade myself my trips were beaten by a full house and called.He had JJ and took it down. The A on the turn was the perfect card for him but I thought he played it well.

About 15 hands later we lock horns again.This time I get 7c6c in early postion and the same villan is in the BB. I limp in and the flop comes 5c 3d Jd.

Nothing to get excited about and four of us check to the turn which is 4d. Now the villan bets out $3 and as I've made a 7 high straight I reraise to $8 which he reraises to $10.The river is As and he bets out $40.Would you call?

He knows the last time he had the best hand I called his $25 bet so I've 30 seconds to decide if he's holding 2 diamonds or not. 26 and A2 were hands I could beat and hands he could have or he could have had nothing and been playing on my fear of calling after the last time but I'm sure he had something and as my best guess was 2 diamonds I decided reluctantly to fold.

I should add I didn't have too much information on him other than he seemed fairly tight and hadn't made any other big bets since the last time he took my money.

I won back $31.25 when my 33 made a set on the flop and slow played it a bit until the river when I bet $15 into a $30 pot and was called.

I'm still working on the size of my river bets when I think I'm ahead.At .25nl you could go all in and usually get called.$1 nl needs a bit more of a subtle touch.Unless I'm the caller of course...
If I bet too much and the villan folds then I may aswell have checked so while I still like to "bet big or go home" I've now realised that I've got to tailor the bet size to the situation more often.
I'll probably still overbet rather than underbet though because if we both have a monster but mines bigger with sharper teeth then I want to make as much as I can. Thats possibly why my standard deviation is so high.

Its also another reason for my to try and stick to .25nl for a while yet.I may 2 table this option.I feel with a bankroll of $1085 this is for the best as I only need a couple of bad sessions at $1nl to really knock me back.Sure I'd love to be the kind of poker whizzkid who zaps through the levels in record time tearing them up but I've got to remember this time last year I was still using play money.

I may play more Sng's. Been reading Will Wonkas progress playing only sng's and I'm inspired to try a few at $20 -$50 rather than just $5 or $10.I'll need to get my bankroll up a bit first though.
So many games at so many levels...so little bankroll......

Mark just called to make it Wed night instead of tonight and the wee one is still at numpties.Mrs A works on Mon and Wed night so time to take advantage and get the ironing done in peace.

Or perhaps I'll just roll one up and hit the tables.Creased is the new crinkled...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document