Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hammered

A funny old night at the tables.

Stuck to .25nl and after a few orbits at my first table I finally pick up 72 soooooted.A raise then a reraise before me.I laughed in the face of these obvious fish making a move on my hammer hand and just called waiting like a coiled spring to make my move.
Flop brings Q J 7 rainbow my heart is thumping as my opponent bets out into my bottom pair.
I've read all the hammer stories and I know a 7 is coming on the turn but as my foolish opponent doesn't I simply call his bet and laugh aloud when the poker gods decide to torment the poor villan further by producing a 4 on the turn knowing he will think his hand is still good against the mighty morphin' 72 I hold.
The river is a blank and the villan bets out again.I quickly check the rules.Is there a 6th community card for situations like this? Apparently not so I do the obvious thing and reraise with my nut hand.
No need to say anymore but I may have to rename 72 The Chainsaw because it seems to slice clean through my stack every time....

Stayed at the same table hoping to get some action from people who may have thought perhaps I'd made a wee error or two with my hammer hand.
A new fish joined and started raising wildly in almost all his hands.He lost a buy in then rebought and I'm thinking that its just a matter of time before he blows it all when I get AA and only call a raise to $1 with the maniac fish still to play.He called too and I raise the original raiser $8 when he bets a weak $1 after a flop of Q J 4 rainbow.The maniac goes all in with K6 and hits 6 on the turn and river to crack my Aces.

He took me for another buy in when he sucked out again with another poor hand and just for a fleeting moment I wonder if he's a genius and I'm the fish.A quick check of the hand histories and my ego and I decide he is a huge fish and with patience he'll give it all back.
By this time I was down $65 and the trickle began.He had over $100 and slowly lost it all over the next hour.I took back $20 with a full house and gradually took his money back via the other players.He'd suckout on them,they'd play badly and tilt and I'd get their money.Still finished down $25 but I was two tabling near the end of the night and running well and after suffering a couple of suckouts I didn't feel too bad about my overall play.

Bankroll at $1060 and I'm going to 2 table the .25nl again tonight.

I started a new blog to check the template details and made a couple of adjustments to this one.I then went back to check on the new one and the profile/links and archive had moved to the bottom right of the page.Arghhhhh.I'll just need to wait for those nice folks at Blogspot to reply to my email and will hopefully be able to sort it then.

Finally a tale from the Glasgow Herald diary column which made me smile....

Brief encounter:
A CHAP was standing in the queue at the supermarket when the attractive woman in front of him smiled and then said: "Oh, sorry, I thought you were the father of one of my children," before she paid and left. He began to worry, as he remembered an encounter some years before, so he hurried after her and asked: "Look, you weren't the girl I met at that student party in Byres Road where we had sex on top of the coats before I threw up?""No," she replied. "I think your son's in my school class".

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 26 July, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Good skills on the 72o. A pity it didn't pay off.

 
At Tuesday, 26 July, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

I like that 7-2 off play but you must worship harder. You might have a sacrifice a family pet to demonstrate your dedication! 7-2 Off is not about cards its something more important than that... its a leap of face. Its about proving that against the odds, against everything you can still prevail. Any cards any table any opponents! I am impressed at your new maniac image. Keep up the good work :-)

 
At Tuesday, 26 July, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

or a leap of faith even!

 
At Tuesday, 26 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

NACHO! Come here.Theres a good doggie.....

 
At Wednesday, 27 July, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

with a name like Nacho. I think you would be doing him a favour! ;-)

 
At Wednesday, 27 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey its Ignacio to you! Named after Rangers striker Nacho Novo and trained to hunt down cheeky bloggers....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document