Friday, October 14, 2005

The A Team

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

I'm gonna try and find 'em at Ladbrokes Pokersite tonight masquerading under the names Juice and The Edge.Downloaded the software from http://www.financialcharting.com/poker/blog/
and just need to register and deposit and I'll be ready to go.( I aint getting on no plane though...fool).

I hate the time difference that makes it so hard to get a game with my US blogging friends ( and in the case of http://tripjax.blogspot.com/ make that US blogging Superstar friend!).Congrats to you Trip for being rewarded by Pokerstars for your fine blogging efforts.Very well deserved.

Hit the tables for an hour last night and booked a $15 losing session when my AQ ran into another AQ and he made his runner runner flush and I ..........didn't.No complaints though as I do seem to have been running quite well since I got back so was probably due a small kick in the chuckies.He actually said "Don't bet" just as my $10 river bet appeared but I'd probably have bet out anyway as I thought he had nothing.

Spent a while reading poker forums last night and one had an interesting point about river bets.I said I thought I'd moved my game on by choosing to value bet the river.In otherwords bet an amount I think I may call myself if I had the hand I put my opponent on.The article basically said that if I value bet say $5 and get called 10/10 I make $50 but if I make a bigger bet of say $50 on the river but only get called 2/10 I'm going to double my profit.

I can now see how that would apply to one of my sessions the other night where I boasted about getting lots of calls for my value river bets.In one of the hands I made a flush and my $5 value river bet was called by someone with a straight.When I saw his hand I was sure I could have got more out of him so maybe I wont give up on my large river bets just yet.

Taking Mrs A out for dinner tonight to celebrate her giving up smoking.Off to the Auldhouse Arms for the finest Steakpie in Scotland.We'll probably go early as by 6pm I'll be ready to eat a scabby childs head and the pre-theatre prices are excellent.

Read yesterday in the papers that woman could soon get mp3 players implanted in their breasts.The paper asked where the volume control would be and speculated on lots of greatest hits tunes being played.Great stuff.

Can't wait to get out of here today. I'm going to start a chip and bee removal service for all customers with a chip on their shoulder or a bee in their bonnet.Should be very popular.

Looking forward to the weekend.Off to see EK Thistle play Pollock tomorrow.Pollock are probably the top Junior side in the West of Scotland so it should be a good test.( or a good thumping!).

Righty have a good one and be lucky at the tables.

6 Comments:

At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

sadly i wont be at the tables tonight as im out drinking. Im not sure the edge will be there. BUt we will probably be there this weekend. At somepoint.

My main piece of advice. Beware teh swedes.

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs.Hopefully catch you over the weekend.Swedes? pahh.dead money.lol

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

... yes but then there are the norweigns, the danes.....

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

thanks for the props at my blog and here littleacornman. i appreciate it.

what is our time difference? (i'm on the east coast). maybe sometime i will play an odd hour session so we can hook up at the tables...

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

As the guy behind me at the football shouts whenever the opposition make a substitution "Bring them ALL on"!

Your welcome Trip.

I think your 5 hours behind.I've just had my dinner (7.30) and you've probably just had lunch!

Most weekends I'm on till at least 2.30am( more like 4.30!) so anytime 7-10pm your time should be ok.( not saying I'll still be making sense by then but it would be fun!).

 
At Friday, 14 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Mr Edge.I think it'll be a good learning experience for us all.
As Mr Cox would say I'm just a low limit grinder too!

Not that I'd expect any ladbrokes users to look here but your comment will self destruct in 5 seconds to keep your user name private.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document