Saturday, October 08, 2005

Back to the Poker Madhouse

After walking the dog and reading blogs I finally hit the tables around midnight last night.Started with the $5 sng that my Pokerroom points covered and bombed out in 5th after getting unlucky.2 of us flopped a flush but his was higher then my top pair was beaten by the same villan calling and hitting his flush draw.

Sat down at a $1nl Pokerroom table and then ask myself why.It was Friday after midnight and theres only one place to be and that's Interpokers 6 max tables so that's where I headed.
I was a bit worried as the average pot sizes were well average.Where were all the Friday night crazies I've grown to love? Moved tables many times.Played 2 tables and if I didn't like the play I was offski.Of course if you love crazy players you have to love crazy beats and I lost an $80 buy in when my JJ ran into 44 and 55.All looking good till a 5 came on the river.

To explain why I was all in preflop with JJ.I had raised and Mr loosey goosey went all in for $15.Now he was friends with Mr 55 who took his time in calling and I rightly put Mr 55 on a low pair or AJ,AQ and pushed all in as I felt I was ahead of him.

I left right away and then regretted it.These were just the type of players I'd been waiting to play with.

Overplayed A7 at another table when I'd called a raise and then called a couple of bets on an A K 4 rainbow board.After the flop I thought I was ahead but after his large river bet I realised I really had no idea wether I was in front or not and folded.I should either have seen it through or folded preflop.

The above happened at a £1nl table and cost me £30. I always think in $$$ in terms of my bankroll and I was down $140 from one bad beat and one mistake.

Down another $40 when finally I move to a table worth playing at.Bought in for £80 and stuck to playing a tight ( for 6 max) big betting game.

Thanks to "Vodkakablac" who started off my recovery by betting into me on a 5 10 10 board when I had J10.He was even kind enough to put me all in when I made quads with a 4th 10 on the river.Not much better feeling in poker than having someone try and bully you off a nut hand.He had A5 and while I wouldn't have expected anyone to read me for quads surely he must have suspected at least higher pp than 55.Obviously not.

It worked out quite well cos Mrs A had just popped into my poker cupboard to say goodnight and I get to look as if I know what I'm doing by saying "check out my four 10's and watch this £159 pot come my way.She did and I could tell she was very impressed. "Very good.Goodnight then".

Between Mr Vodka and another drunken clown I left as chip leader sitting with £250 at the table.I only left because Interpokers software froze up.Frustrating but Mr V had just left and it was past 4am and time to hit the sack anyway.

The cashier page wouldn't work and between £££ and $$$ and many tables I was trying to work out where I stood.$170 up overall was the answer when I checked today.Now got $1180 at Interpoker and $310 at Pokerroom.

Up at 1pm today and watched Scotland blow any chance of qualifying for the World Cup next year by losing 1-0 at home to Belarus.Mrs A's sister popped round with my nephew ( his 1st birthday) for a while too and after Mrs A and I went shopping.Well she food shopped and I bought Coldplays latest aswell as that old Dire Straits classic "Brothers in Arms" and "The best Classsical album in world ever". Heard great dance versions of "Money for Nothing" and Alice Coopers "Poison" on holiday but the orginals aint bad either.

Finally got confirmation that I'm enrolled in the Pokerstars blogger tourney.Really looking forward to it.Being on this side of the pond I don't get many chances to play with other bloggers so it should be good.Don't think I've got much chance of making the bloggers meet being arranged by http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/. Flights via Manchester,Chicago and finally Oklahoma City cost around £700 but one day when I hit the poker bigtime I'll fly myself,Juice and Mr Edge across in my private jet.( is there a landing strip at the lake?!).

Mrs A and I were thinking of going back to Egypt and a guy there offered me an awful lot of camels for Mrs A so maybe the trip to the USA isn't entirely out the question yet.( just kidding darling...)

Off to hit the tables.Playing in an Interpoker $10k freeroll tomorrow at 5pm due to signing up via pokerlistings and having played so many hands during Aug and Sept so I may play some tourneys tonight to get me in the mood.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hope you all get some money for nothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document