Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Arrived back at 6am this morning after 16 wonderful nights in Gran Canaria .Mrs A and I stayed at the Mogan Princess hotel in Playa Taurito and while the standards may have slipped a bit since we were last there two years ago ( they did run out of chocolate sauce one night) its still an excellent 4* hotel.The best part is the fantastic view of the sea.There's something about sitting on your balcony late at night with a beer and a big spliff just watching the waves crash over the shore.

We had a fairly chilled out 2 weeks but went through to Snoopys Disco Bar in Puerto Ricos main centre a few times and of course to the Rangers pub "The Highlander" to watch the Gers games.

The weather was hot and sunny every day.Why can't it be like that in Scotland?!

We even hired a car for a day.I was feeling quite confident about driving on the right as I'd done it in Florida in '99 but I'd forgotten that was in an Automatic.Very strange having the gear stick on my right hand side but I got used to it and we had a fine day at the market and the beach.

Not caught up with all my fav blogs out there yet.Looking forward to some fine reading.Apologies to Jordan of http://highonpoker.blogspot.com/ for not replying to your comment on my last post.The truth was I was supposed to be packing my case but was stuck $300 and didn't feel much like a friendly game.Pulled back $200 and went off on my holidays a happy acorn but would love to hook up with you and get a game soon.

I didn't play any poker at all whilst away and have to say the break was needed more than I realised.I looked tired and worn out before I left.Pale with big puffy bags under my eyes from too many late nights and too many marathon sessions.Now I've got a bit of a tan and wee puffy bags under my eyes I feel much better!

On the subject of bags be careful if you fly with Flyglobepsan.On the way out they never mentioned anything but at Las Palmas airport check in they decided to enforce the baggage allowance of 20k per person including hand luggage and wanted £85 from us for our excess.Never in all our many trips abroad has this been done to us and while its certainly in their terms and conditions even the £40 we paid after off loading loads of books and other stuff left a bitter taste.

Just back from the Sectional League cup final at Firhill. Ek Thistle lost on penalties to Neilston after a 0-0 draw.Disappointing as Thistle were much the better team especially in the 2nd half and Neilston are in the league above us.

Read some great books on holiday.If you've not read any Carl Hiaasen then I want to know why.The mans books are genius and I would highly recommend all his stuff especially Skinny Dip,Sick Puppy,Tourist Season and Double Whammy.

Too tired to add to this already disjointed posting.I think I need to attach a printer to my brain when I'm away as I'd thought of a good few topics to rant about and right now my heads full of wee clogs and wheels all going the wrong way.Aren't over night flights great?

Last day off work tomorrow and last lie in.( after getting up to see the wee one off to school).

Plenty of poker thoughts buzzing round my head too.May squeeze in a wee 1/2 hr but more than likely gonna hit the sack early ready to face the world and the tables fresh tomorrow.

Hope you're all in good health and on the poker rush of your lives.....

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

Glad you had a good time away and glad you're back!

Go ahead and get all those poker thoughts out of your head...and put'em into posts...

 
At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Welcome back, buddy. Glad your holiday was a good one. Now, get to posting, I have lots of free time.

G

 
At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

welcome back acorn.thanks for your posts on my blog! I hope you dont look like big ron with your tan!

have fun on your return to work!

 
At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks people.Good to be back bloggin' and at the tables.

Little Acornman

Ps Hey Juice it may be worth contacting Norris McWhirter at the Guinness book of records.Those last words of your must be the fastest deleted comment in blogging history!

 
At Friday, 07 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document