Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Freeroll

Walked passed a pub today at lunchtime and the advertised freeroll on a board outside grabbed my attention.Just as I was about to enter to get more details about prize money etc I realised that the kind of freeroll they were offering contained ham or cheese and nothing at all to do with Holdem.Poker on the brain.

Mrs A is feeling much better today which is great news.I made dinner last night.A pizza for me and some healthy cauliflower and cheese thing for Mrs A.

I also filled my tank up with petrol yesterday morning as I'd read about possible fuel strikes happening this week.£57 to fill my tank up but there were big queues forming this morning so I'm glad I did fill up even if it looks like all will be ok this time round.I paid 94 p per litre which is a crazy price considering most of it is Government tax.Thats $1.76 per litre!

Also found an interesting article in yesterdays paper about how if Scotland had gone independent in the 70's the North Sea oil would have meant that Scotland would have gone on to become one of Europes richest countries with a huge tax surplus but that the English economy would have suffered and they may have tried to take our oil fields by force.( Bring it on!).This has come to light thanks to the Freedom of Information Act. Of course the Scots were told in the 70's that the oil wouldn't last....

Distinct lack of poker content today.Only played for 15 mins last night after Mark left.Still not taken feckin Stalingrad yet.So close but no cigar.

Had a call from the letting agency which rents out my flat for me to say that the tennant is complaining that the toilet needs flushed twice.I wanted to tell them to suggest the tennant tries taking smaller dumps but ended up agreeing to a plumber going out for a look.My workmate just paid £82 for a plumber to change a washer so I'm expecting a bill out of all proportion.Its probably just a slight blockage but I'm not much of a DIY guy so I'll leave it to an expert.( expert at shaking his head and saying "Its going to be expensive").

Spent my lunchhour organising holiday stuff ready for heading off on Saturday.I'm getting a couple of poker t-shirts printed and a baseball cap.I'm not sure how the t-shirts will turn out but if they look good I've got a couple of ideas for a few more and a domain name registered.

Rangers play Porto tonight at 7.45pm so not much poker will be played.I hope we can get a result.Got a soft spot for Porto after they beat celt*c in the Uefa cup final a few seasons ago but they'll be a tough side to get a result against and the way the Gers have been playing a draw would be a decent result.Good luck to my English team Chelsea V Anderlecht tonight too.They should win comfortably as Anderlecht have lost their last 7 Champs league games.

Apologies again for lack of poker content but I suppose this is the "life" bit of my poker n life blog.

Probably wont get much poker played tonight but I've got a rant aimed at the trendy pretentious terms used to describe some music these days so stay on the edge of your seat for that....

Good luck at the tables till then....









5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 September, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Hey,

Regarding Mrs A's illness, if she gets chest pains when lying down and breathless after running 5 metres she might have a collapsed lung.

I had one earlier this year. The doc said I was fine, so I went skiing and collapsed on top of a mountain. It was not fun! But I did spend a week with my own private room in hospital.

Take care!

Jon.

 
At Tuesday, 13 September, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

hope Mrs A is ok mate.

I wouldnt complain about the petrol i paid 95.5 for unleaded today. Lots of Q's in london as well out side the pumps. Bit worrying. Its a sheep mentality really. You see people q'ing and you join it just in case

:-(

good result for rangers eh.

 
At Wednesday, 14 September, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Mrs A is feeling much better and so am I after tonights result.Lost my voice.Nice to let off some steam and what a finish.

95p a litre is robbery.£60 used to pay for a service not a full tank.

Just need to stay lucky at the tables....

 
At Wednesday, 14 September, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

£95.50!!!??? Are you taking the piss? I'm glad to be a commuter, charged nothing more than £1,800 a year for the privelage of sitting on a smelly train with fat men in suits.

 
At Wednesday, 14 September, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

no edge, that 95.5pence per litre not 95 pounds. God you think i could run a car if petrol was that expensive! having said that my emergency petrol bottle in the back of my car is looking like a wise investment at the moment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document