Saturday, September 03, 2005

Maximum Break

More fun at the tables last night.Played 3 hours at Pokerroom to start with to give the Brits at Interpoker a chance to get their beers down them and started badly.Was down $30 after 56 hands at $2nl so moved to $4 nl and got spanked for another $30 there.Some bad luck but I wasn't playing well either so I took a break and played 2 tables of $.50nl full ring.Won a few and lost a few but finally my trip 2's took down a pair of Jacks for a $57 net profit and I could relax a bit.Left $17 up after 3 hours and headed to the fish infested waters of Interpoker.....

Bought in for $80 at $.50-$1nl 6 max and was soon down $40.Average pot size was $21.Just had to sit tight and wait for my chance.Rebought to $100 and a few hands later I get AA.The villan bets $4 and I reraise to $15.He goes all in and shows QQ and my rockets hold up.I'm sure the all in button on Interpoker induces bets people wouldn't normally make.

In fact I know thats true because later I opened another 6 max table and after a munchie break reckoned I could handle it....

I was handling it fine as I merrily bet and raised with the nuts on one table and called a small bet with a couple of overcards on the other. All in I decide at the nut table and hit the button only to see that I've just gone all in with Q9 for $62 and reraised someones $20 river bet at the wrong table.Of course I then go all in at my Nut hand table and take that down while Mr River Raise is letting the clock tick down at the other one.

A quick glance at the board and I could see that if I had a 10 the board would give me a straight and that the last card also brought a 3rd spade.I put him on AJ and reckoned he'd a pair of J's from his betting.He folded just as his time ran out and I closed one table and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Won a few more sweet hands and after a 6 1/2 hr total session went to bed a happy Acorn $147 up.

Jus about to watch Scotland play Italy in a World Cup qualifier.Don't hold out much hope but Scotland are good at glorious failure so I predict we go 1-0 and lose 3 in the last 10 minutes.
Looks like an -EV propostion but you never know.

Also qualified this afternoon for Pokerrooms NL Major player points $6k freeroll in 1/2hr.Canny play and watch Scotland so I'm gonna be All in and probably all out in record time....

Go on Scotland!

Get intae thum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document