Sunday, August 28, 2005

He shoots....He Scores!!!

I love Interpoker. Won $445 there last night playing 0.50-$1nl 6 max. I've now made over $800 there in two weeks and cashed out my orginal deposit and some more to buy a new mattress,my champions league tickets, a chauffeur driven Limo for our holiday airport transfer and a bung to Mrs A to buy herself something nice.

Isn't poker wonderful sometimes!

Still left about $1100 in my roll but it feels great to have some more winnings to spend even if in the big scheme of things its only buttons.

When I sat down last night at the table there was one big stack with over $400 who bet all in on a flop of K K K . I folded 88 but found his a strange bet.If he had the K why not wait and see if someone with a pp ( like me) wants to build the pot and if he didn't then why risk your stack as someone else may have it.He was way ahead of everyone in chips so he wouldn't have gone broke but my point is valid.

He went all in again and I started to peg him a a loose goose.

I look up from constructing some smokeable inspiration and see JJ. Our friend raises to $31 behind me and once again I play the player and raise to my $100 buy in putting me all in.
I must stress I'm not in the habit of pushing all in with JJ after a 31 * bb raise but I had a feeling I was ahead.He called with 10 10 and on a K 3 4 Q Q board my hand held up.

A few rounds later I get A8 in the BB and check.Flop comes a delightful 8 4 8 rainbow and my friend bets $1 which 3 of us call.The turn brings another sexy snowman 8 and I'm luvin' my quads and just hoping my loosey goosey friend flips again.....
River is a 4 and suddenly he obliges and bets $58 from out of nowhere.I consider a value raise for about a nano second then remember what a donk he is and raise $195 all in which he called for the $137 he had left! He had 4h3d. Did really think he was ahead or did he think it was a split pot and I was trying to steal? I don't know and don't care.

I stayed at that table a while and really bossed the show for about an hour before deciding that while respect for my raises boosted my ego it wasn't helping my stack.( apart from a lot of minor bluff steals of course).

I moved to another table and bought in for $100 as some sensible part of my brain said that if I moved and lost my $100 buy in I'd still be well up.

I'd been at my new table about 3/4 hr when I get AA and the pot had been raised first to $3 and then to $5.My move.Hmmmm what to do.... Zagga is all in for $100. Call, call and my AA amazingly holds up v 10 10 and KK for another nice virtual rack of chips.
I doubt that would have worked at Pokerrooms $1nl. Why would anyone call a bet, a raise and an all in reraise preflop all in without AA? I can only assume Mr 10 10 thought I was a simliar kind of fish to my earlier friend.Mr KK I can understand especially going on some of the wild bets I've seen at this site.

Table selection was once again a major factor.At one table I was at one player seemed to have my number.Didn't lose much to him and maybe he just hit some nice cards but I didn't hang around to find out.Congrats on having my number but I've just changed it.Bye Bye.
I must have moved 6 or 7 times.If I didn't fancy the table conditions then I was offski.Back to the lobby to look for high % flop seen and big ave pot size.

On another night of course he'd have had QQ to my JJ,my AA would have been cracked and my Quads would never have happened.I feel I've had my share of "another night" though recently and while it doesn't work that way ( oh he's had his share recently we'd better make sure all his good hands hold up tonight) it will certainly go down in history ( well ok just this blog) as my best poker night ever.

Certainly cheered me up after Hibs staged a smash n grab at Ibrox today and beat us 3-0.Don't remember the last time we lost by 3 goals at home.Hopefully give the team a kick up the arse and get them going again.The transfer window shuts on 31/8 and I hope we bring in at least one more player as if the management think the team that lost 3-0 to Hibs is going to beat Adriano,Figo,Martinez and co at Inter Milan then they better quit and go do some stand up comedy!

Over and out....

10 Comments:

At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

Oh man, I long for one of those nights. Congrats!

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Hi Acorn,

I didnt realise you needed a passport being a rangers fan.. surely you dont stay in europe long enough to need it! :-)

I dont really understand what they guy with the TT was playing for. I can only guess that he was pot committed and couldnt give it up. Surely he must know that TT will win alot against lower pairs but will rarely win without improvement. With the K and the two Q's on the board in the face of agressive on the flop i would have folded my TT. I mean K- rag would have him beat and any fish might have that. As is the mantra of the low limit poker players at ladbrokes " its free to fold" :-)

Personally I feel a bit bad for the guy with KK. Its a nightmare scenario running into the AA. I would have gone all in with the KK and just prayed for the poker gods to deliver!

Did you give Mrs A the bung in a brown paper envelope on the lower levels of a deserted car park?

Very shady.

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Trip.I did see a lot of garbage hands in my 7 hour session too so it was nice to pull a few crackers.

That crack about the passport is older than the Nolan sisters Juice.

Mr TT was all in preflop Juice with me and Mr KK.
I feel bad for Mr KK too.I think I'll send him a cheque....lol

The bung was well received by Mrs A on Sunday who wasn't too chuffed at me bounding up to bed at 4.30am the night before and waking her with news of my succesful night!
Lets just say she wasn't in the most congratulatory of moods until the bung...

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

do you usually play so late!?

Dont you have problems concentrating!?

by the way the oldest jokes are often the best.

for example

why does noddy wear a hat with a bell on it?

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

because he is a C*nt!

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

That was an early night for one of my weekend sessions!
Concentration can be a problem.Just one slip after hours of play can cost big time in NL but I've started taking breaks and I feel much the better for them during long games.

Whats blue and f*cks old ladies?

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Me wearing my lucky blue coat....

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Do you not find that playing early hours poker makes you vunerable americans who are fresh and in the zone? The edge and i are thinking of taking advantage of this and having 7am poker sessions!

magic

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

7am sessions with the US players might be a good idea.Not sure if I do lose much of an edge to them but I certainly feel I have an edge over some of the drunken Brits online at Interpoker in the early hours at the weekends.
Is ladbrokes not all European players? I may need to give it a go.

 
At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Yes ladbrokes is all europeans.

You will come to love the scandinavian countries. They love their gamblings and if there is logic in most of their play. I cant see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document