Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No sleep till bedtime

Thought I'd sneak home for an hours kip before going to pick up my meal and Step Acorn from Mrs A's work.Pulled up at the Acorn Residence to see the front window open.Hmmmm.Got to the door and it was open.Mrs A had left a neighbour to look after the wee one and her friend who were happily playing on the trampoline. No sleep for me.

Step A then took the huff with me because I wouldn't let her take her bike to the shops and I had the cheek to blame her for losing the key to her bikes padlock.She's a great kid but at 11 the years of "Its not fair" and "I always get the blame" are just starting.Of course I responded with the age old reply "Well who's fault is it then?" prompting her to breeze past me and come back down a few minutes later having "washed her face".I could see a tear or two had been shed and while I hadn't changed my mind about her taking her bike without a lock I did give her a hug and an extra £1 to spend.I've known her since she was 5 and while I reckon I'm good with kids making the right decisions 'aint easy.Give me someone going all in on the flop when I have TPTK anytime.( trips?2 pair arghhh?)

I reckon my parents would have taken the cost of a new padlock from my pocket money every week until I had enough but I bought her a new one today and hopefully that solves that.
I mentioned before being a bit tight but considering I've spent £40 on repairing that bike ( chain,tyres,brakes etc) I think I was right not to let her leave lying unattended outside the local supermarket. Of course being tight I bought her new one from the Pound Shop and even bought one for her friends bike as there is no limit to my generous nature....

No poker at all last night.Mark and I are still on the road to feckin' Stalingrad on MOH.We keep getting near the end of the level and getting wiped out.We're on Normal level and there's no way we want to have to start the whole game over on Easy.It could be another 100 year war at this rate.....

I'm now debating with myself over wether to buy the new Sony handheld Psp machine.Similar graphics to the Play Station 2 and plays movies and music too.I only play my PS2 once a week and the main attraction is being able to use it when I go on holiday in 11 days.Sitting on the balcony playing games,drinking beer and smokin' sounds good to me but would I ever use it again? Hmmmmmm.

I've already bought 6 books to take.A Carl Hiassen Triology,Colin Bateman-Divorcing Jack ( read "Driving Big Davy" and it was great),Shut up and Deal-Jesse May and a couple of others.

May hit the tables tonight but may also take another evening off to refresh my mind.( that means reading poker forums and watching it on tv if I can wrestle the remote from Mrs A)

I notice that other bloggers take a break for a day or two when they have nothing decent to write about.

I promise from now on I'll try and do the same.......

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 06 September, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey LittleAcorn:
Sorry about the slow response, but I'm adding you to my blogroll. We should've done this a long time ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document