Friday, September 09, 2005

Going Live

Quite excited about this weekend.Are Mrs A and I going out for a romantic candle lit dinner for two?

Nope but my wee cousin phoned last night to ask if I'm up for some live poker on Sunday at a small poker club in Glasgow. £5 No limit rebuy tourney with a 3pm start.

Played my first live game there a few months ago and I'm looking forward to the experience again.Played Pot limit last time and found it a real struggle keeping up with the action.Hard to work out pot odds when you don't know how much is in the pot.I'd never played a rebuy tourney and being a tightass never rebought once unlike my wee cousin who had several rebuys but made it to the final table ( about 18 started) while I crashed out not long after the add on.

This time I'm going prepared to spend £20-£25 and will play a few more draws etc until the rebuy period is over.The only tip I remembered last time was not to look at my hand until the play was on me but I reckon I probably still gave off a zillion tells despite trying desparately hard not to.

Played for 2 1/2 hours last night two tabling at Pokerrooms .50nl and finished up $60 for my nights work.I was about even for the first 1 1/2 hrs before moving to two new tables where the average pot size was higher.Folded AJ after calling a raise from the button and being reraised all in after I bet out on a J K 7 rainbow board.The lesson is not to call raises with AJ.

No particularly memorable hands but did go on a wee rush for about 3 or 4 hands and that doubled my buy in and made most of my $$ for the night.

After losing on Wed night it was nice to get most of it back.My Pokerroom bankroll stands at $445 and Interpoker at $1064 after a couple of cashouts last week.I'm not going to let it affect my play but I'd love to have another weekend like the last one and make enough to buy a Sony PSP for my holiday.One of my workmates has one and says there's even a new first person shooter released today for it. I want one!

Petrol prices seem to be going up again.Now paying 90p ( $1.65) per litre and my thirsty Alfa likes its juice.I wonder if there will be another truckers blockade of fuel depots like there was in 2000.Luckily I'd seen that coming and had a couple of 5l containers filled before the crisis really hit but the sight of quiet roads and huge queues at the petrol stations seemed surreal.

Last full weekend of poker before going away for a poker free fortnight in the sun next Saturday.Having a break from the game will probably do me good.Until my last two weekends at Interpoker my bankroll had remained fairly static and I'd felt a bit stale.Playing and winning at a new site has certainly helped my poker frame of mind although I'm well aware I haven't suddenly become a much better player.......I've just found much worse ones to play with.

Still no replies from Interpokers support though but despite that I'll be back there for some crazy swing 6 max nl again tonight.I even want England do well in their big cricket game today in the hope that plenty English cricket/poker fans get stuck into many beers before hitting the tables tonight.

Ok going to add a link to another video of Rangers incredible last day title win in May.Probably only of interest to me but the soundtracks damn fine too and I can never watch enough of vids like this.Still gives me goosebumps and shivers thinking back to the last 2 minutes of the season.
media.putfile.com/go...

Hope you all flop a boat this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document