Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Just for me and my dog

Managed to find the classic Kiaora cinema ad from my youth. Not sure if the link will work as I'm a total e-tard but here goes anyway.Its too orangey for crows.....

Kiaora.wmv


Finished work last night and after grabbing a bite to eat headed off to Ibrox for the big game.3-2 to Rangers after scoring the winner with 5 mins to go.Cue absolute bedlam and delight.We probably didn't deserve to win despite leading 3 times as Porto played a good game and have some real quality about them.I can hardly speak today after all my shouting and singing last night but its well worth it. Nice to see Chelsea win too.

Just had a customer call for a colleague who wasn't available.When I said I would request a callback the customer asked if it would be soon as he'd had a heart attack and was waiting for an ambulance.I did ask if maybe it would be better to deal with his complaint at a later date but he insisted on holding till my colleague was free.Another customer whose nuttier than a squirrels fart.

Not much poker content again today as I didn't play last night when I got back.Just logged on and caught up with a few blogs and match reports.

My manager in a previous job used to talk about being in "holiday mode" before and after a break from work and there's some truth to that.I don't want to carry that attitude onto the poker tables as its far too unforgiving an arena for that.

Now to my mini rant on pretentious musical terms.The UK daily free paper ( Metro) has a section called "On my Ipod" where an artist or celeb ( I hate celeb culture) gives their 6 favourite tracks with a short description.Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm not about to moan about how theres no melodies today and its all thumping bass and electronic beeps as some of my fav tunes are dance/techno but reading DJ Spookys choices and descriptions made me laugh and I thought I'd share some of the pish he spouted.

"What can I say about Sun Ra? ( whatever ye like I've never heard of him)."He's the master of the inverted dreamworld of absract jazz.He was always a channel for otherworldliness and jazz still hasn't caught up to him"

Back to the inverted world of absract NL holdem soon but heres another gem."The track's broken beat and kinetic bass flips the whole hip hop equation on its head.Rhythm is such a regimented situation these days and Sa-ra breaks it down-literally"

One last piece of psuedo trendy nonsense speak for you." Arto has always been good at comveying delicate and bizarre senisbilities that occupy the same creative space at the same time.Its hard to balance the paradox but Arto manages this masterfully"

Aye I'm sure he does.

Needless to say I'm not about to rush out and buy Sun Ra or Artos latest cd......



Damn I hate it when blogspot eats half a post.Grrrr.

Picked up my poker t-shirts at lunchtime and I may be biased but I like 'em.Looked for a shop with stock of the Sony PSP but they all seem to be sold out.Just as I decide I want one they sell out.Typical. My tennant cancelled the plumber today as he was going out so hopefully the toilet flushing problem can't be too bad.



Congrats to http://www.financialcharting.com/poker/blog/ The Edge for his Royal flush which I read about at http://pokerandglory.blogspot.com/.

About time I gave a shout out to some of my favourite blogs.
Just asked http://www.YoSoyVeneno.blogspot.com./ to swap links so please pay her excellent new blog a visit.( unless she says no in which case scrub the above .lol)
Found her blog by reading one of my old favourites http://www.sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/.

Big shout out to http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/. Chin up Mr Cox. Your blog isn't languishing in the slightest and is still one of my first reads every day.

Go visit http://tripjax.blogspot.com/ to see the best picture header in blogland,
http://highonpoker.blogspot.com/ for the best recanting on the net and
http://will-wonka.blogspot.com/ to find details on the latest DA 12 step programme.( Donkeys not drugs!)

Go tell http://pokerboss.blogspot.com/ and http://raiseonthebutton.blogspot.com/ to post again soon.

Look out for the return of http://pokerandmusic.blogspot.com/ who should be reconnected and back in a few days and keep checking http://pokerandcoffee.blogspot.com/ for his latest update.


http://obituarium.blogspot.com/ for original stuff and http://50outs.blogs.com/poker/ for Jans latest post which includes an excellent account of a hand he played with Gus Hansen.

And of course http://guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/ was worth my last visit just for the picture of 2 sets of feet and a bar of soap( go to link and scroll down) aswell as the other content.

Here a couple of stories from The Herald that raised a titter..

A pretty pass:Our bus driver stories reminded John Traynor in Glasgow of being on an Arriva bus in the city when a little old lady came on and showed her bus pass to the driver and waited for her ticket. As Arriva is the only bus company to ask for a destination before issuing a concessionary fare ticket, the driver asked where she was going.She looked a little bewildered, and the driver repeated his request saying: "I've got to know where you're going so I can give you a ticket."Fellow passengers tried to keep their faces straight as she leaned over to the driver and told him: "A'm gaun' tae visit ma sister."


Off the wall:Ahh the old ones are the best ones. Labour Party chairman Ian McCartney showed his pawky Scots wit by telling the TUC conference yesterday how prudent chancellor Gordon Brown really is. Ian said he had called round at the Brown family home in the summer to find him stripping the wallpaper in the front room."Decorating?" Ian asked."No, moving," Gordon replied.



Happy birthday to Nacho who was 1 yr old yesterday.The wee one and her friend made him a cake and a card to celebrate.

Only a couple more days of blogging before Mrs A and I are off to Gran Canaria. I may be able to get Net access over there but will probably just take a complete break ( stop cheering at the back) from my blog and poker.

When you start using your blog to wish your dog a happy birthday a break is almost certainly a good idea....

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 15 September, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Anon.That was so sincere.I think I love you.Will you marry me?
Yours forevermore
Little Fuckin Acornman

 
At Thursday, 15 September, 2005, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Thank you for the shout-out, kind sir.

 
At Thursday, 15 September, 2005, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I'd like to see what the poker T-shirt looks like.

Birthday wishes for the dog is quite adorable. No break is necessary on that account.

When do you plan on playing poker? Where do you play? And what is your screen name? Would like to catch you at the tables sometime.

Thanks for the kind words in reference to my blog. Its cool to know that people are actually reading it.

 
At Thursday, 15 September, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Joe.Your welcome.

Hopefully I'll get the t-shirts on a site soon but for now I don't even own a scanner!

I play as Zagga at Pokerroom ( full ring) or Interpoker ( 6max) most evenings UK time and usually all night at weekends.Anywhere from .25nl to $2nl.

I'll link you up today Veneno.

Little Acornman

 
At Thursday, 15 September, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Acorn,

What are the Poker T Shirts for? Do they bring you luck?

Juice, myself and a few other mates went to Gran Canaria a couple of years ago. It was a great laugh, especially when we raced around mountains in dodgy hire cares.

Have fun,

The Edge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document