Sunday, October 09, 2005

Acorn goes wavy

Yep due to so many spam comments the wavy word hoop will now have to be jumped through by anyone wanting to leave me a message.I may miss out on some fantastic bathtub sales opportunities but I've always preferred showers anyway.( cue Shower sales spam...)

Started with a $10 sng last night and went out on the bubble when I pushed with K7 ( 2 BB left) and was called by the big stack with 47 who made his pair of 4's on the flop.He did say "sorry dude" on the way out which was totally excellent but it was a bit frustrating as I felt I'd played well.

I was reading an article about tilt and how people rage at their opponents and start cursing them after a beat.Not my style.I just get a really hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach which usually fades after 5 minutes and then its time to don the body armour and take to the battlefield again.

Anyway with the body armour on ( and Mrs A giving me some funny looks) I hit Pokerrooms ring games.The site was very busy and I actually started a table at $1nl.The waiting lists were long and Pokerroom always have a table to play at so I sat down but not in and waited until a few more showed up.Table was full in minutes.I was up around $50 before dropping back to $30when I left for the asylum that is Interpoker 6 max nl.( $20 profit after my $11 sng fee)


Being at a newly started table got me thinking.Usually when you take your seat your at a major disadvantage as unless you've watched the table it takes time to work out how the table is playing and who the biggest fish are.

You raise with JJ and get put all in and everyone folds back to you again.If you're new and have no read then how do you know wether he's a loose goose or if this is the first hand he's played all night?

My point is that at a cash table where everyone has just sat in the "no reads on the table" problem applies to everyone and those who adjust more quickly will profit more.Obviously knowing beforehand its a table with high pot average/high flop seen can be hugely beneficial ( thats what I usually look for) but I now realise there are also upsides to everyone being new to the table too.


Two tabled 6 max $1 nl for a couple of hours and was sensibly about to go to bed at 2.30am when I get KK.Its raised to $2,someone goes all in for $6 gets called by the villan so I reraise all in for another $60 which is instantly called by the villan and his nasty AA which holds up.

Nearly lost another $80 during that hand as I went all in at the other table I was playing at.Luckily it was preflop and had been folded round to me and I was happy to project the maniac image by showing my 54 o/s after the last guy folded.Damn that "all in " button.( nothing to do with any herbs consumed)

That hollow feeling again though.Not much I feel you can do about losing with KK v AA in that kind of situation but it left me up only $20.At the time I actually thought I was down $60.Well I had moved between a lot of tables and switched currencies too.( nothing to do with my herbal intake).

Moved to a £1 table and hit a few hands.Finished $108 up in total over both sites so a good night all round.Didn't drop off to sleep very easily though.Hands kept flashing through my mind.What if this.What if that etc.

Woke up at 1.30pm today and was still feeling pretty tired from the kind of late night sessions I said I wasn't going to play when I got back from Gran Canaria.

Thats my excuse anyway for my pathetic fishy play in Interpokers $10k Carribean trip freeroll.
Only 97 entrants and a real chance at an amazing prize but I played so badly I'm almost blushing writing this. 1500 starting chips and I call a raise with AQ and fold to a flop bet.Sit tight for 11 hands ( very patient!) and then call a 60 raise with that premium hand we all love more than Aces....Q9 suited. Flop 2 2 9 rainbow and I check then reraise the original raiser all in when he bets 240.Now I had him covered and my only logic at the time was that he was making a stab with AK or AQ. I was half right.He had an Ace but sadly for my stack had another A too and the board didn't help me.

A few hands later sitting with 380 chips I get JJ and push.My AA friend next to me doubles my bet and wins easily with QQ.

I blame the lack of any inspirational herbs! ( well its Sunday 5pm)

Even more frustrating is that when I checked later the tourney was over within 2 hours.Ahhh well just need to learn from it and move on.

Monday tomorrow and the day my letting agency gets back to me with the cost of a new window pane for my flat.The tennant reported it last week.Its double glazed and only one pane was shot through.Yes shot by some kind of pellet gun.Hmmmm nice.The area has really gone downhill since I left! I just hope the tennant is not in some kind of dispute with the local teen trouble makers.I may need to lend him my Uzi.

Check out the links on the post below for a laugh or the ones at the side to read some of the worlds finest bloggers exclusively handpicked by me for their incredible humour,content and insightful insights.( nothing to do with them agreeing to link me back!)

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 09 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

I gave the exact "sorry dude" response to a guy I sucked out on earlier today. That suckout gave me new life and I ended up winning it...

 
At Sunday, 09 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yeah no real complaints from me.Bit of a kick in bollocks but I think in tourneys its easier to accept that luck plays a big part sometimes.

Maybe I just don't play sngs's at a high enough level to really hurt though and that influences my thinking.

Congrats on seeing it through after your suckout.That's the hard bit.

 
At Monday, 10 October, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Little Acorn Man,

Thanks for the feedback on my blog. It's always nice to see what other people think and I'm hoping that posting more queries in the future will help improve my game.

Anyway, I've noticed that you seem to jump around a lot, both between different poker room and type of game. Do you find that the change of scenery helps your Feng Shui? I am very boring and play over 95% of my poker in fixed limit ring games. I only do NL in freeroll tournaments or if I'm on tilt.

Have a good day,

The Edge.

P.S. I've got a good deal on shower curtains going. Please let me know if you're interested.

 
At Tuesday, 11 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been using paradise Poker
Poker resource
Poker
Paradise Poker
Learn to play Poker plus free Money Play and Online Tournaments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document