Monday, October 31, 2005

The boy ( acorn) who cried Hammer!

I believed!


** Game ID 348376680 starting - 2005-11-01 23:54:07
** Hurricane [Hold 'em] (0.100.20 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Kenan83 sitting in seat 1 with $50.95
- borge1 sitting in seat 2 with $0.00 [Sitting out]
- Juice sitting in seat 3 with $26.54
- discodave82 sitting in seat 4 with $7.21
- SMURF1 sitting in seat 5 with $7.52
- duoflow sitting in seat 6 with $15.75 [Dealer]
- godsmaker sitting in seat 7 with $17.05
- andysaabtbo sitting in seat 8 with $12.42
- Elcrillowitc sitting in seat 9 with $8.30
- Acornman sitting in seat 10 with $59.78

godsmaker posted the small blind - $0.10
andysaabtbo posted the big blind - $0.20

** Dealing card to Acornman: 7 of Hearts, 2 of Diamonds
Elcrillowitc called - $0.20
Acornman raised - $0.80
Kenan83 folded
Juice called - $0.80
discodave82 called - $0.80
SMURF1 folded
duoflow folded
godsmaker folded
andysaabtbo folded
Elcrillowitc called - $0.80

** Dealing the flop: 3 of Spades, 7 of Clubs, 2 of Spades
Elcrillowitc checked
Acornman bet - $1.50
Juice raised - $3.00
discodave82 called - $3.00
Elcrillowitc folded
Acornman raised - $9.50
Juice folded
discodave82 went all-in - $3.41

** Dealing the turn: Queen of Diamonds

** Dealing the river: 7 of Spades
discodave82 shows: 10 of Clubs, 10 of Diamonds
Acornman wins $18.37 from the main pot

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

please change my name mate!

Juice will do!

 
At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

I just like to say that I had A-t spades. I raise acorn because i thought he might have a pair, or it might be a steal or he might have a draw. I figured id pressurise him and see how he reacted. He reraised me. I had the nut flush draw and though the temptation of taking on the acorn man was burning me up, I knew having been reraised by so much that he had something solid. The pot odds werent there for my flush and losing all my chips on a draw would be disasterous. Fold i did then. And lucky for me. the 7s on the river would have completed my flush but given acorn his full house. Clearing me out. It takes some adjusting playing nl instead of limit. Good draws in limit with 8+ outs are very playable. But agression in NL can make you fold. Sometimes it seems you are waiting for perfection in NL. You wait for a good hand on a good flop and you cant play it because its too risky.

Good fold!

phew

 
At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Great laydown J.It could have got very messy ;-)

33 worried me and as I'd told you my hand if you'd gone all in I would have had to believe in my hammer and make a crying call.( not crying that much cos I still believed of course!)

Obviously I could have been lying too.Unique situation.

Well played.

Acornman

 
At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

You are a star!

I am thinking of giving up NL.

Just as I told Rosie I did silly things, I went all in...

I had 45o on the blind and the flop was 556. So I had a trips, backdoor straight and full house draws.

I raised 4 SB. Everyone folded to the button who re-raised. I thought he was bluffing so I went all in. He called and showed A5o.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!

 
At Tuesday, 01 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

At .10-.20 nl I don't think your all in was too bad.Like flopping a lower set than someone else or AA v KK you just have to brush yourself down and move on.

Having the mental strength to keep playing your A game in the face of bad luck is part of the game.

Keep believing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document