Thursday, October 27, 2005

Weekend round the corner..

Feeling a bit pissed off today.Rangers drew at Livingston last night.They are the worst team in the league and we lost a 2 goal lead.Mr Eck has 2 games to save his job because it just aint good enough.

First thanks to Jordan for the interest in the UK/US sng.( enjoyed your Truckin' story too).
Juice mentioned a Ryder cup type event which sounds good but I'd be happy just to get 10 of us together for one game first as what with schedules and times differences its not proving the easiest game to set up.Would this Sunday be suitable for everyone?

First come first served but if your are interested in a $5 Sng,probably at Royal Vegas please let me know soon!

No poker last night.Mark came up and it was Virtua tennis and Ridge Racer all the way.We had a smoke and I must have been smoking because about 0.15am just as he was about to leave I logged on to Ladbrokes and there was Juice at a 6 max .15-.30 NL table!!! Just then Nacho went crazy,Mrs A arrived back from work and Mark hit the road.I went back to the table and he'd vanished.Hope to see you at a similar table tonight Juice! What did you think of the standard of play?

I read yesterday that Scotland are playing the USA at Hampden in a friendly on Nov 12th.Obviously the biggest sporting event of the year for all Americans ( apart from the blogger sng) and I'm sure nobodys talking about anything else over there! We may even get the Nolan sisters to perform at halftime but no ground level cameras as we don't want any more nipple exposure controversies.( they aint getting any younger)

Interesting article in The Times about a landmark ruling due soon in the UK about poker clubs and their legality.The debate centres on the skill v luck element of the game.If its deemed a game of chance then it looks like the clubs will close.Check out the "Join the debate" section for some very wise words from an East Kilbride online player and add your own feedback.

Popping up to say hello to my old folks tonight and to play some poker online with my Mum.Hopefully she'll make her first real money deposit soon but as it could be my inheritance she's playing with I don't want to give too much encouragement until I think she's ready...

Are non slippable plastic cups the way ahead? Apparently so.How our forefathers survived the workplace drinking from dangerous open top containers I'll never know.

Its 20c ( 68f) outside today.I don't remember Glasgow ever being this warm in October.Normally at this time of year it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey but I was able to walk about without my jacket this lunchtime.

I mentioned getting some poker t-shirts done before and I'm making progress.6 done but the designs look a bit small on a couple so they need redone before I get them up on my site.I got a baseball cap done too but it was more the trucker style hat ( which seems to be the fashion) so I bought a couple of the flatter type to try out my designs on.At this rate my site will go live sometime after hell freezes over ( or Juice wins another nl tourney).

Mrs A has started planning Xmas presents already in the Acorn household.I'll probably start my planning around Dec 23rd as usual and do my wrapping on Xmas Eve in between poker hands.
Step A wants a Nintendo Ds dog type thing.Why she wants one of them when we have a real dog she can feed and walk anytime I've no idea.

Oh heres a Step A joke before I go.

Q-What do you call a judge with no fingers???






A- Justice Thumbs

6 Comments:

At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Yes i was indeed at the NL tables last nite. I was feeling a bit tilty. Getting hammered on my .25/.50 limit table so decided to two table with 10 dollars at the NL tables. I think i let myself get bullied too much. What ive always wondered though is if you think someone is bluffing you and you know you have top pair moderate kicker do you still call? Is it good to call someone down who you think is bluffing or is it stupid because you know the strength of your own hand and you know it isnt the nuts?

too often i play NL and i get sucked into a betting war because i dont respect peoples bets.

The opposition at my table were a bit crafty. too tight for me to trap. To agressive for me to pay off my good hands.

Annoying

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Two nl tables? You must be tilty!

To answer your question yes you do call but even if you lose you can use it in your favour as the rest of the table will be less likely to bluff you in future.

Also shows the table your willing to commit cash without the nuts which should hopefully mean more calls when you do have 'em.


However in cash games there's always another hand and personally starting to disbelieve everyones bets is one of my first tilt signs so maybe better to fold and wait.If the players seem too tricky then move.Theres so many poor players theres no need to play with good ones!

Hope to see you at an NL table tonight Juice!

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

Dizzamn. I don't have Royal Vegas on my computer right now, but let me know the time and date, and if I can make the SNG, I'll open an account on Royal.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my Truckin' story.

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm down for Sunday as well. It will have to be after noon for sure, as I will be out of town until then, but I did re-deposit a little seed money last weekend.

For anyone that doesn't have an account at Royal Vegas: Download the software, open an account and wait a day or so and $10 will magically appear in your account. I'm pretty sure they are still doing this.

Let me know what time (EST or CST) that you want to do this and I will be there.

G

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

I'm quite sure I'm down, but I still need to load RV on my computer.

Glad you got the links working!

 
At Thursday, 27 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

We've got Myself,Tripjax,GaryC,Jordan,Juice, The Edge and Thomas ( ladbrke plyr) so far.3 more players required!
Just looking to confirm a time that suits.Hopefully around 9-10 pm UK which means 4-5pm US.Our clocks go back an hour early Sunday but we'll work it out!

That link tip was handy Trip.You do realise your my new I.T. helpdesk? lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document