Thursday, October 20, 2005

Flu attack

Ok its probably not the flu but as its a well known fact that men get colds much worse than women do I'm really suffering.( Mrs A disputes this for some reason) Head hurts,nose blocked,eyes watering and palms sweaty.Worst part is not being able to sleep properly because I can't breathe through my nose but at least I'm not the sort to make a fuss about it....

Last nights garbage 0-0 draw at Ibrox didn't exactly cheer me up either.Plenty of chances but none taken.The group we are in ( Rangers,Porto,Inter Milan and Art Media Bratislava) is still wide open.Top two qualify,3rd place gets the Uefa cup place and 4th goes the way celt*c went in July.(out).

Got back from the game and decided there was no way I was up to playing poker as my head was too fuzzy.( did I mention I've got a cold?).

Watched some tv but the poker bug bit and I hit the .15-.30 limit tables at Ladbrokes where I had the pleasure of being at the table with Juice and ( at last) The Edge.I don't know how they concentrate on the game with all the chat going on.Good fun though.

Didn't have much luck.Twice my straights were beaten by a river card my opponents would have paid dearly to see at nl and when I bet preflop with AK soooted and missed the board I wasn't sure wether a continuation bet was worth it at limit whereas in nl I'd have bet the pot and really have asked a question of my opponents.

I'd really need to learn my limit maths if I was to play limit at any higher levels.I know its all about pushing small edges but if you don't know when to holdem and when to foldem that aint good. Quite refreshing to be playing a different game.Never had an urge to play Omaha or any other variety of pokerIt would probably take a lifetime to learn all about no limit let alone another poker game.Played hours of 3 card brag at school but not seen that at any of the sites yet.


Not too bothered about losing a couple of bob though as I had $12 more than I thought in my Ladbrokes account when I logged in and only dropped $4 of that besides the chat was great. Stayed till just past 1am but I knew that I wasn't going to get much sleep anyway ( due the cold I may have mentioned previously).

Juice has placed a bounty on a player he felt was getting ideas above his station which is quite funny.( check http://pokerandglory.blogspot.com/ for details) . I really can't take any so called table experts very seriously at the levels I play at.If they were that good why are they playing at $1nl ( or.15-.30 limit in this case)? I never apologise if I suckout on a a hand.If that annoys the villan even more and puts them off their game then all the better.I also don't let villans annoy me with their "ouch" or "wow" comments when they suckout on me.If they do get under my skin I move table.

Not much of that at Ladbrokes .15-.30 tables.Its all very friendly and more like a sewing club than a poker war room sometimes but I quite like the change in pace and as its fixed limit and very low stakes you'd be hard pushed to lose too much in a session even if your cold decked.
Just need to be careful not to get complacent though because as my Granny used to say "If you look after the pennies,the pounds look after themselves".


Watched a 2 players playing $.50-1nl heads up at Ladbrokes for a while just to see what the standard was like and watched as one player simply ran over the top of the other one.I nearly told the loser to take a break or find another table having made the same mistake myself last weekend but if I'd been the player winning I'd have been raging so I left it.There's so many players out there if one has the better of you make a note and find another table.( or stick a bounty on their heads!).

Hopefully we can get a wee NL tourney going this weekend and Acornman the bounty hunter can try to take Juices swag by netting his prey for him.Juice asked about getting Tripjax,Garyc and co invloved but I don't think Ladbrokes allows US players.

The 5-6 hour time difference means once again I wont be participating in the Heads Up challenge but it would be great to find a site and a time that suits all and try and get a few of us together for an SNG or even a small stakes cash game. I know Pokerstars allows private tourneys and Interpokers sngs's always seem quiet.I'm not the greatest organiser in the world but if anyone has any ideas for a time and place let me know.( all my spanking fan readers welcome too ).

Taking the family up to my Mum and Dads for dinner tonight and will hopefully hit the tables later.I will have to proceed with caution though because the last time I felt like this I hit a bad patch and promised myself I'd learn from it for next time.Just hope I feel better in time for my usual Interpoker weekend 6 max madness but if I don't I wont be playing.

Off to sniffle my way through the rest of the day...

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm definitely up for trying to set something up in a SNG or something. That's big fun. The time difference is the main thing.

I'm not sure of the time difference exactly, but I'm sure it's much later there, so you all would have to play late at night to join us, unless we did it on a weekend.

I will talk to TripJax and Jordan and see what we can do about setting this up.

G

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Gary C, If i have to get you British citizenship in order to make you my bounty hunter so be it. "Swindy" our prey was quoted yesterday as saying " id like to see someone take up your bounty because i dont lose, i never lose" and also " Can i have your bounty if i win?" I said why should you get the bounty? he said "because im going to beat them all"

I know the bounty isnt alot but wouldnt it be nice to claim the scalp of swindy and put him in his place!

:-)

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

As for you acorn, I actually did have you in mind when i wrote up my bounty hunter post. I thought you might like the challenge of taking on the self proclaimed messiah of ladbrokes poker! Just think if you take out swindy you get the bounty and can still go on for a placed finish. Result!

Sharpen those knives, load up those guns, we are going bounty hunting!

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Are we really so tame that you compare us to old ladies sitting around the fire, drinking tea and having a good old knit?

Jeinsen is always going about how he's there purely for the money. But he does appear to have built up quite a following at the same time.

The Edge.

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Weekend would be the best idea Gary.I think we are 5 or 6 hours ahead.If it suited Juice and The Edge we could start at midnight.( 6 or 7 pm US time).

Would Swindy play on another site that accepts our US friends Juice or will we make that a separate event?( My money would be on Tripjax to take your prey down).

Just teasing about the knitting club Mr Edge.I just haven't played in many games as friendly or as chatty.I'm usually Mr Silent.( but deadly like Nachos farts).

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

If we aren't able to play at Ladbrooks because they don't accept US players, what site do we all have in common? That could be a problem also.

Juice, find out where else that guy plays and I'll see what I can do about collecting that bounty. If nothing else, I will sic TripJax on his ass.

G

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

One other thing: If TripJax or I were the one that happened to knock Swindy out of a tournament, you would have to pay a bonus, because I guarantee you there will be some witty one-liners flying as soon as it happened.

G

 
At Sunday, 26 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document