Monday, October 24, 2005

Acorn of Doom

Placed 832nd in the Blogger Tourney last night.Managed to catch up with http://tripjax.blogspot.com/ ( ok Garyc how do you do those fancy link things where you write their name and the link is there?!) and would have chatted longer had I not brought the curse of the acorn with me as he was out within minutes of me saying hello.!Sorry Trip!

Found http://highonpoker.blogspot.com/ and http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/ who were both sitting out but probably made it further than me and I was playing!
It was actually players sitting out I blame for my demise.How can players not even there cause me to crash out? Well with one live player inbetween us and everyone folding to me I go all in for my last $1000 chips with Q10 sooooted expecting the live guy to fold and me to take the blinds.Live guy insta calls with KK and its goodnight Acornman!

At least I made it past the first break I suppose.

Played a 10 seat $5 sng at Pokerroom and came 2nd after my 88 was busted by AJ after a longish heads up battle.

Huge thanks to http://pokerandglory.blogspot.com/ who has been badgering me to do a bankroll graph for a while now. I'm hopeless at such things and asked Juice if he could do the graph if I supplied the stats.Emailed him at about 1am last night and the graphs were on his blog by the time I got to work at 10 am today.I'll get Mrs A to bake you that loaf asap!

I've been playing with real money for exactly one year on Oct 31st and have just about completed a "Bankroll-1 year on" post which I'll get on the blog soon including Juices graph work. I realise that type of post is more for my benefit and records but hey it is my blog.It can't all be exciting updates on my bonnet catch!

One tip to anyone else doing the same.Do not attempt while under the influence of any herbs or alcohol.Seems I can play fine like that but adding stats in wee columns and working out exact dates for cashouts aint so easy.

Mrs A still off the cigs and going well.Her moods seem to be improving a bit too.I even got a fine bowl of porridge for breakfast this morning.I love porridge.Sticks to your ribs as my Granny used to say.( the inside of your ribs I think otherwise it would mess my shirt up).

She's working tonight so I may pop up to see my Mum and Dad before picking up the wee one and playing PSP and ps2 games with Mark later.

Hey Mondays almost over.( work at least). Its all downhill to the weekend from now on...

Here's a couple of snippets that made me smile:


Jason is also worried about Glasgow's violent reputation. He says that when a performing arts student in Glasgow utters the line, "Is this a dagger which I see before me?", he is more likely to hear the reply: "Aye. Gie us yer trainers."

Purse strings:
WE mentioned the exclusive launch of the latest Louis Vuitton range in Edinburgh attended by 50 of Scotland's leading businesswomen and monied bag buyers. As they left they were each handed a goodie bag, which included a Vuitton wallet. A worried Vuitton executive heard one of the women, from Glasgow, look at the wallet and tell her pal: "This must be worth about £100 – I think I'll take it back to the shop on Monday for a refund."The Vuitton exec was later reassured that this was merely Glasgow humour and the woman would not in fact be seeking the cash come today.

Your Round:
READER Sandra Durning in Oman tells us that her son in Glasgow set off to meet a business contact he had never met in a Byres Road pub. The chap told him he would recognise him as he was "a short, fat, baldy guy". A female friend of her son cautioned him that in a Glasgow bar that could take quite some time to find him.


That's the limit:
A TRAFFIC cop insists that he pulled over a very geriatric driver on the M8 who was causing a huge backlog of cars by only driving at eight miles an hour. When the cop questioned him, he said he thought the signs for M8 motorway was the speed you had to drive at. While the officer was putting him right, he noticed that the old lady sitting next to the driver was looking a bit pale."Are you all right?" asked the officer."I am now," she replied, "Now that we're off the M90."

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks man...definitely wasn't you...it is a tad interesting how I went out, but I'll save that for my blog entry...I've been under the weather since Sunday so unable to write or read blogs...

As for the link...let's say you wanted to link GCox. Type the sentence with GCox in it then highlight GCox. In your blogger toolbar you should see a button that looks like the earth with a chain link at the top of it (green and grey). Click on that and it will bring up a box where you can enter the link that you want to correspond with the word you highlighted. That should do it...

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hope your feeling better soon Trip.I think I was out about 5 minutes after you.Can't believe Garyc and Jordan outlasted us and weren't even playing!

I'll try that link tip.Thanks for info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document