Sunday, October 23, 2005

Squeezed by The Juice

Warming up with a $5 mtt.Played one the other night and came 81st,11 off the money from 693.
I don't usually post bad beats but this one wasn't pleasant.I was about an 87% fav after the money went in.Ahh well 300 chips left...



10.44 PM (ET: 5:44 PM BST: 10:44 PM)

$5+$1 (real money), hand #1,389,763,048
5+0.5 NL Holdem Multi Table Tournament, 22 Oct 2005 10:43 PM
View Previous Next hand for this table.
Seat 1: funkfella ($1,010 in chips)
Seat 2: Zagga [QS,QH] ($3,160 in chips)
Seat 3: John Blund X ($1,680 in chips)
Seat 4: Jon too easy ($2,860 in chips)
Seat 5: ahoenig ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 6: arnoldjo ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 7: QUADZ1LLA ($1,670 in chips)
Seat 8: Laring ($1,740 in chips)
Seat 9: vegaspoet ($3,240 in chips)
Seat 10: Wildbill1980 ($1,170 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDSZagga posts blind ($10), John Blund X posts blind ($20).

PRE-FLOPJon too easy bets $100, ahoenig folds, arnoldjo folds, QUADZ1LLA folds, Laring folds, vegaspoet folds, Wildbill1980 folds, funkfella folds, Zagga bets $250, John Blund X folds, Jon too easy calls $160.

FLOP [board cards 4C,3D,JS ]

Zagga bets $500, Jon too easy calls $500.

TURN [board cards 4C,3D,JS,7D ]

Zagga bets $2,400 and is all-in, Jon too easy calls $2,100 and is all-in.

RIVER [board cards 4C,3D,JS,7D,AH ]

SHOWDOWN: Zagga shows [ QS,QH ] Jon too easy shows [ AC,KH ]
Zagga wins $300, Jon too easy wins $5,740.

SUMMARYDealer: funkfellaPot: $6,040funkfella, loses $0Zagga, bets $3,160, collects $300, net -$2,860John Blund X, loses $20Jon too easy, bets $2,860, collects $5,740, net $2,880ahoenig, loses $0arnoldjo, loses $0QUADZ1LLA, loses $0Laring, loses $0vegaspoet, loses $0Wildbill1980, loses $0

nh sucker!


Played a $5 5 max turbo sng and came 2nd but should have won.Got some great hands and totally dominated until I was heads up and made one daft call with J9soooted.

Ah well off to start Ladbrokes $10 turbo crapshoot.


Bombed out after a reckless play and then joined Juice at a Ladbrokes .15-.30 limit table.Mr J had partaken of a few beverages and I'd smoked my head off so the chat was great.Can't remember a word of it though!

Eventually persuaded the table to play a wee nl tourney which Juice kindly agreed to set up.
Like Baldrick he had a cunning plan and when I saw my first decent hand and went to make a move the only one open to me was a 40 chip raise!! Who stole my all in button?!! It was a limit tourney.Grrrr!!

Down to Juice and me left and the tangerine man took the $8 first prize with a display of poker Doyle Brunson woud have been proud of.I played more like the late Mr Brunson from Grange Hill but was happy to actually place in a limit tourney for the first time even if I did only win $4.

Once again a pleasure playing with Juice and friends.Just a shame Mr Edge wasn't there but a fine night all the same.I did ask The Prey if Royal Vegas next weekend suited him for the Bounty tourney but don't recall his answer! Doh. If you read this Juice could you check with him and any others from Laddys who are up for it. Friday midnight Uk time? If we get more than 10 Pokerstars allows private multi table tourneys and may be our best option.Is it maybe best to get people to confirm by leaving a comment at your blog Juice or here?I couldn't organise a paper folding competiton at an Origami convention so let me know.


After the game Mrs A and I took Nacho a walk.Mrs A is now on her 11th day off the cigarettes and doing very well to stay off them but she has been just a little grumpy.The ground was wet when we left and walked along the path at the back of our house.I decided to show off Nachos legendary obedience skills by clicking my fingers to make him come back. He came running back happily wagging his tail and promptly jumped up on Mrs A leaving a couple of big wet muddy paw prints on her newly ironed clean trousers.As she uttered some choice sweary words I looked away aware that if she saw any signs of the huge grin I had on my face she would strike down upon me with great vengance and furious anger.lol


Got back and hit a Ladbrokes $.50 -$1 nl table 6 max table.These tables seem almost as wild as Interpokers.I mentioned a while back that I thought that the Americans are much better players and that theory has only been back up by the play I've seen at Inter and Laddys over the last few months.

I was my usual tight self.At one point I'd seen 7% of flops but with average pots of $40 and blinds so cheap it pays to be patient and amazingly none of the other loosey gooses seem to notice that I'm betting big for the first time in many hands and the last time I did this I had the goods. If they do notice then I take advantage by starting to steal pots when the board is scary or I sense weakness but generally they don't.

This hand was my main winner and I left for Interpoker $60 up.

** Game ID 341788921 starting - 2005-10-24 02:30:53
** Carnap [Hold 'em] (0.501.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Salvadanaro sitting in seat 1 with $98.46
- Henkka1 sitting in seat 2 with $52.13
- TroutPerra sitting in seat 3 with $33.75
- Acornman sitting in seat 4 with $108.70
- mickster sitting in seat 5 with $113.33
- JimmyCauty sitting in seat 6 with $44.89 [Dealer]

Salvadanaro posted the small blind - $0.50
Henkka1 posted the big blind - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: King of Clubs, Ace of Hearts
TroutPerra raised - $2.00
Acornman called - $2.00
mickster folded
JimmyCauty folded
Salvadanaro folded
Henkka1 folded

** Dealing the flop: 4 of Spades, 7 of Diamonds, Ace of Diamonds
TroutPerra bet - $1.00
Acornman called - $1.00

** Dealing the turn: 6 of Clubs
TroutPerra bet - $9.00
Acornman called - $9.00

** Dealing the river: 8 of Hearts
TroutPerra checked
Acornman bet - $20.00
TroutPerra went all-in - $21.75
Acornman called - $21.75
TroutPerra shows: Jack of Spades, Jack of Clubs
Acornman wins $66.00 from the main pot


Interpoker had some even looser tables.Required a bit of hunting down and a few table moves but eventually found one that suited and left $70 up.Lost $34 in my last hand which was a bit frustrating but another fine night of chat and profit at the virtual felt.

I read an article about how there's more pain when you lose than joy when you win and I think thats very true.I was sitting cheesed off that I'd lost that last $34 despite being $130 up for the night. I was gutted when I bombed out the $10 crapshoot but lose a $10 pot at $1nl and it would hardly register with me.

The article said to be wary of loss aversion.I'll probably be arrested for copyright infringement ( so long as I get a cell with a net connection) but here's the example given :

" Many experiments bear this out. For example, subjects were asked about a one-time fifty-fifty gamble between losing $10 and winning some amount. How large would the amount have to be in order to make this gamble just barely acceptable? Most people (not gamblers) require, on average, $25 to get them to take the bet. Thus, a loss of $10 is about equally painful as a gain of $25 is joyful.."

Food for thought.

Ok only 5 1/2 hours till the Blogger tourney on Pokerstars. 9pm start UK time.Should be good.I wish the start time was a bit earlier but I don't think it'll make much difference.I'd love to be calling the boss tomorrow morning to ask for the day off "cos I'm playing heads up v one of my blogger buddies for a trip to the Carribean" but its more likely I'll be out in time for the weather report at the end of the 9pm news.( If I can resist going all in with the Hammer on the first hand!).

Good luck to everyone playing in it. My username is Zagga ( from pre blog days) but my location is "Acornman" so say hello if you see me.

I have great ambitions for this tourney.I just don't want to come last....

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 23 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

can Mrs A make me some scones? Im hungry :-(

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Has the Juice been sharking you? Maybe you should put a contract on his overgrown head?

 
At Monday, 24 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hot buttered scones coming right up Juice!

Yep Mr Edge I've been hustled by The Juice.

He put on his "I'm so drunk I can't even set up an NL sng" act and the whole table fell for it......

I'd delay the contract on his head as he has drawn up a couple of fine graphs for me.

Actually they're done now.Call up the hitman....lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document