Sunday, October 30, 2005

Flat line

I've had a mixed couple of nights at the table.On Friday night I won $50 at Ladbrokes and $97 at Interpoker but last night a few chickens came home to roost and I was down by the same overall.Played till 3.30 am late Friday and till 5am early this morning and I don't have a penny profit to show for it.Still up a couple of hundred for the week and no complaints really as I felt I''ve had my share of hands holding up recently.

Last night started well with a $50 win at Ladbrokes but within 20 minutes at Inter I was down a $100 buy in. Villan raised and I smooth called with AA.( 6 max loose $.50-$1nl table). Flop came 8 2 5 rainbow and I bet out.Villan called and I raised all in on a blank turn. I honestly put him on JJ,QQ or KK and expected the call.He did call with 55 and bang goes a buy in!

Left the table and clenched my fists and head and let the wave of nausea wash over me before moving and taking a new seat.I won't go into all my beats but they felt like they were coming thick n fast.QQ turns into trips and loses to rivered straight.66 makes trips with a rivered 6.It had been checked all the way round but lost another stack to a villan who'd made his straight with it.

Kept my nerve and stayed tight and pulled it back to $30 down.It was 5 am ( after the clocks had gone back) and my eyes were just about shut.The "your turn" beep was like my snooze button and I was ready to hit the sack reasonably happy at my fightback when I had my AA busted again this time by a caller with AJ who hit 2 Jacks.

So overall I must have played about 15 hours of poker for profit equal to the square root of hee haw.

I was happy overall with most of my play apart from my first AA loss.I'll maybe also need to reconsider how I play QQ sometimes as its a great hand peflop but always seems to run into trouble post flop.Maybe I'm too keen on those Nolan sisters!

Full 1 year on update coming soon ( for my records and as a cure for anyones insomnia) but I've got $478 at Ladbrokes ( all profit since 14/10) ,$1735 at Inter and $424 at Pokerroom so my bankroll can take the enevitable swings.

My style although tight at 6 max probably encourages bigger roll swings as I do like the bet big or go home philosophy I read in my first poker book.( John Vorhaus "Killer Poker"). I see so many weak bets at 6 max nl it makes me cringe.Unless trying to trap why would anyone bet say 20c into a $5 pot? Whats that all about? Either bet the pot ( or half at least) and if you get raised or called get out if required.

QQ also cost me in Ladbrokes "Cruise " freeroll. I was sitting 8th from 1088 starters when someone made the standard bb steal bet and instead of biding my time I stuck my 12k in the middle and was insta-called by AA and out I went.

Really looking forward to tonights wee tourney.Hell I'm even about to try and work this yahoo message thingy! Honestly GaryC you are a Nasa pc programmer compared to my e-tardiness.
Poor show considering I work at a pc all day and play poker most nights. Burn a dvd using my rewriter.Errrrm don't think so!

I even managed to screw up my Pokertracker by replacing it with the new patch update! Damnit!

See you at the tables...

8 Comments:

At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

i dont know whats more disgusting.

The thought that you bet into someone and folded to the agression, and are left witht the feelign you were outthought, bluffed out and beat up like a fool or

Betting into someone getting raises, reraising, going all in because you think someone is bluffing and discovering they have that set or pocket aces after all. In this instance you are left feelign sick having lost all your money.

Its an unenviable situation. You can be weak and save your chips and feel like a mug or feel like a mug by going all in and losing your chips.

lose lose situation!

 
At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Been stung?
Why feel like a mug? Your not the Sheriff Juice! Its not your duty to call 'em down.

Saving chips is not weak.Leaving a table if someone has your number is not weak!

I don't give a toss what my opponents think of me.I just want to make money!

We all make mistakes at the table.Just absorb the sickening blow,put it behind you and move on!

I think your style and skills suite NL.The knocks must be tougher than limit but thats part of the challenge.

Now get some postive chi going.We gotta a tourney to win tonight!

 
At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Sounds like you've had a tough time too. This is why I don't like NL. I felt sick when I lost my $10 buy in earlier. So I'm guessing you must have felt a lot worse!

 
At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Water off a ducks back Mr Edge.( after I'd smashed up my poker cupboard!).

But see how sick you feel when theres a raising war on and you have the nuts!

In the long term the right decisions will make you money.Keep makin' em.

 
At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I don't think it was the right move to go all in when I had AQo and the flop comes AA8. But I did it and lost! Neither was it correct to go all in with 66 pre-flop. But I always seem to make such silly moves!

 
At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Mr Edge,
I suppose you'd only get called or raised by someone ahead of you with AQ but you were unlucky imo.

On the 66 v KQ I couldn't believe either of you going all in.I put it down to it going for bragging rights!

 
At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

LAM,
Sorry I missed you boys Sunday. I will work to get prepared for the next one. I want to sign up when I can take advantage of deposit bonuses and the VPP program and this weekend was no good. I'll be in touch though. Thanks again!
TripJax

 
At Monday, 31 October, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Trip.There were a few teething problems anyway!

Hope to see you at the next game though.

cheers,
Acornman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document