Monday, November 21, 2005

Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned

There may only have been AussieDave and myself v 6 US bloggers but we fought like tigers and prevailed against the odds to secure yet another victory for the Rest of the World to take a 3-0 lead in the series.

Mrs A was reading her book which gave me an excuse to turn off the tv and use my headset.She even managed to look slightly impressed that I was chatting to folks from Oz and all over America.No more magazine article cuttings about people who run off with folk they meet on the internet I hope!

Really enjoyed the game but was disappointed to finish 2nd after starting the heads up with about a 3-1 chip lead over the non blogger who eventually won.Got my money in once as fav v his all in but I 'd spotted that the villan was a decent player earlier in the match and sadly that read proved correct.

Took out Veneno to win for the R.O.W when my QQ won a race to stay ahead of her AK but it could have gone either way and in some ways despite the US v R.O.W battle I wish she'd been the one to go heads up v the non blogger at the end as that's The Poisons speciality.

Still the R.O.W celebrations went on long into the night ( or morning for Aussie Dave) and the clamour of the worlds press continues today unabated.Appearances on Letterman,The Simpsons and Neighbours to follow...

Don't know if we should aim to make it weekly or every 2 weeks from now on but the Pokerstars $5 entry 18 player format was excellent and I think we've found a home from now on.

Great playing with Y'all!


Headed upstairs for a quick shower afterwards and took Nacho out before hitting a table at Ladbrokes for a wee while.$4 down at a dodgy speed fixed limit table and $5 up at an nl table.The NL table was very juicy for .15-.30nl.Lots of people playing with their egos and an average pot of $13.

Not sure how much poker I will play tonight.Mark will be over for our weekly PlayStation session and besides my poker brain could probably use the rest!

Reading over yesterdays post I hope I didn't come across as too cocky and over confident about my play.I'm aware that a $400 losing night is just round the corner.I'm going to go down $160 one night and hit brick wall after brick wall trying to pull it back.That's variance and I hope I'm ready for it when it comes.Poker has a strange way of giving you a swift boot whenever you start thinking you've got the hang of it.

I don't mean to be negative but I'm naturally quite cynical and while I'm feeling good about my game when I'm at the table ( good reads etc) something at the back of my head keeps saying "its all gonna end soon and reality will strike".I don't mean a $400 bad night.I've no doubt that will happen.So long as I rack up enough winning nights before and afterwards I'm not even going to be too bothered about it.Noone likes to post about a big loss but all I can ask of myself is that I play well and if the poker gods decide my AA will get busted 5 times in a row I'm just gonna have to keep telling myself to play my "A" game and get over it.

Sorry for the Monday blues.Even 3 nights of losing $400 would not cripple my bankroll and so long as its variance and not the tilt monster I lose it to then I won't be too upset.

I know moving up isn't easy and thats why I've decided to stay at levels I'm winning at and I'm comfortable with for just now.I'll also need to develop a more rounded game.Playing one way at loose crazy tables is fine ( and profitable just now) but I need to try and play in different types of games if I'm going to grow as a player.( and an acorn).

Thanks to The Edge for your comment about me being an inspiration.My mother would be proud! Seriously though confidence plays a huge part in poker and any positive feedback on my play/stats/blog etc is always more than welcome.As I'v mentioned before I don't expect to continue being quite as profitable as I've been recently but so long as overall I'm making the right choices most of the time I just have to have faith that the $$$ will follow.


OK heres's a couple of wee snippets from the Herald diary which made me laugh...

Silence is golden: PROPERTY company Cairn Properties recently bought a house for multiple occupation in a quiet residential area of Glasgow, which had the neighbours in a tizz with visions of wild parties and the area deteriorating under a deluge of student bad behaviour. The residents demanded a meeting with Cairn, who quietly explained that the five residents moving in were four Buddhist nuns and a monk. In one of the quickest about-face's the property folk had seen, one of the neighbour's expressed her concern that she and her family might be too noisy for the new neighbours.

Having her fill:A DIARY reader in East Kilbride visited her dentist, who was clearly pregnant, and who announced that she was expecting her third child. The patient commented that three children would be a handful and the pregnant dentist told her: "Yes, I just don't know what got into me."Fortunately, by this time the patient's mouth was wide open so she was unable to deliver a crass reply.

Not sure I get this one but heres goes...

Meanwhile, Nicol Stephen's special adviser, Andy Myles, cornered us to ask: "How do you get 50 Canadians to leave a swimming pool?" When we expressed no knowledge, Andy says: "You ask them, 'Can you please leave the swimming pool?' " before marching off triumphantly – a trifling joke about Canadian good manners we believe, but who are we to eschew such trifles?


Thanks for reading and for anyone wanting to read a far better account of last nights tourney please head to The low limit grinder or Venenos blog.

6 Comments:

At Monday, 21 November, 2005, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

It was great fun playing in the tourament! Looking forward to the next one. USA must win sooooon..this is sooo sad!

 
At Monday, 21 November, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Congrats again on the victory. You played great. Next time, I will have even greater numbers of USA bloggers. We will overcome your obvious advantage in skill with my infamous "suck-out better cards" strategy.

G

 
At Monday, 21 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Its an acorn post, and i dont get a mention. What the hell do i pay you for! ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 22 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks G n V but I'd bombed in my last 5 sngs so I reckon it was more due to the law of averages than skill.Tourneys 'aint really my gig.
By the way does anyone know who this Juice character is? ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 22 November, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Is he a friend of Herb's?

G

 
At Thursday, 24 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

you mother f er!

:-)

who is juice indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document