Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sucker Punch

Started playing last night around 10pm.Apologies to Ladbrokes.I've discovered their "quick search" function does allow you to look for tables based on the average pot size so as usual I picked the largest available.This time it was $35 average pots at .25-.50nl 6 max.Made a couple of mistakes but overall I was pleased with my play and happily reporting to Mrs A that I was $100 up overall for the night.I'd taken a couple of blows like KK losing to AA.The player with AA was a shortstack who went all in and the frustrating part was that I nearly got the big stack along for the ride when I went all in.Bounced back well though and was generally cruising along on auto pilot.


This was at 03.30am and I decided to have one last smoke and a quick go at a $1-$2 nl 6 max table. 2nd hand and I get Pocket Rockets.I'd picked a loose table as always and raised it to $6 which considering the table conditions was actually quite weak.I wont bore you with the action on every street but I lost my $100 buy in to a caller with 44 who hit his set on a K 7 4 rainbow board.No complaints from me.I'd only just joined and had no idea how this villan played.If I'd been a better player maybe I could have laid it down but sets are always very hard to detect and I've made plenty from them myself in the past.I'll call most raises ( not reraises) with any pocket pair just to hit trips.Probably my favourite hand.

Went to bed dead even for 5 1/2 hours play.I'm considering making another cash out from my bankroll.I'd like to move up but I'm finding the low levels between .25 and $3 quite profitable just now and may just stick to them for the time being.

I've got $1796 at Ladbrokes,$1735 at Interpoker and $500 at Pokerroom.Over $4k online and thats after recent cashouts.It really has been an amazing few months for me.

I'm worried about moving up though because I don't honestly feel I have the skills.I should probably thank Iggy for my recent upswing.He's always banging on about playing weaker players.In his latest post he quotes Mike Caro who was asked what the best single piece of poker advice ever posted on the RGP forum was and he replied that the best winning advice is "Play against people who suck worse than you". That advice is solid gold.

There are so many players out there that if your table seems to have good players at it then move to another.At 6 max you really only need 1 or 2 poor players to make a table worth playing at.

Went to the EK Thistle game today.Turned up at 2pm to find out it was a 1pm kick off and the score was 2-2 and both teams were down to 10 men.Finished 5-5 v Thorniewood and I saw EK's midfield enforcer,Vinnie Conway, score with a superb volley from the edge of the 18 yard box after a long pass.Probably one of the best goals I've seen all season.

Scotland V USA kicks off from Hampden park soon so I'll watch that and then look forward to my mate Big Stu ( 6ft 5) and his Mrs coming over.They moved about an hour away nearly a year ago so we don't see as much of them as I'd like.We became friends about 12 years ago when we both started working for Currys electrical store on the same day.We were sent to Newcastle for a weeks training and I slept in and missed my train.I arrived in the class about 12pm but wasn't the latest as Big Stu strolled in 1/2 hour later.Our mutual love for Rangers,playing pool and smoking fine weed has meant we've been good friends ever since.


The clip below shows Zidane ( best player of his generation) joining in a 5 aside football game in France.I wish he'd been on my side when I played fives....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1201662820745287204&

Ok Scotland game about to kick off....

Be lucky at the tables....

4 Comments:

At Monday, 14 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Good Poker Advice Mr Acorn. But if only it was easy to follow. I normally just sit down wherever there's a spare seat. Or wherever the Juice is, as I'm there as much for the random banter as the Poker.

I should really use Poker Office to scour the poker rooms for the most fish. Identify weak players. And prey on them.

 
At Monday, 14 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

I think that zidane reminds me alot of myself before my career was ended early by a bizarre gardening accident.. He could be one to watch for the future

 
At Monday, 14 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It is easy to follow Mr Edge!Use Laddys quick search,find the crazy tables,play tight,limp a lot and ram and jam when you hit!

I'm sure theres still old clips around of you peforming on Tooting common Juice.( not a football in sight mind you!)

 
At Wednesday, 16 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I don't hit. I get hit. Went all in with 3oak and nut flush draw last night. Someone hit their flush. I missed and didn't get a full house. Very annoying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document