Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sat Night

Started out by winning the $10 sng I mentioned in my last post.Got chatting to Tom Cruise,Madonna and Doyle Brunson just after that and bought into a full ring $1-$2 table rather than 6 max as the chat was great but took my attention from the table.( Hey I'm a man,Multi-tasking is a female skill).

Didn't have much fun at my table.99 lost to 1010 and I folded an AJ to a large raise on an Ac 5h 4h flop.Still not sure if the villan had made 2 pairs/trips or was on a flush draw but was $90 down when I left including my $50 tourney winnings.From hero to worse than zero! Gone in 60 minutes...

Veneno was still chatting and keeping my spirits up ( and itm herself in a tourney) and after a couple of table moves I found the 6 max table I was looking for.Bought in for $100 and built it to $270 to give me a $111 profit for the night overall.

Sweetest hand was 22.Flop came with a 2 and a J and after a blank turn another J on the river gave the villan trips and me a lovely boat so when I bet $60 on the river and was reraised all in I couldn't hit the call button fast enough.

The table grew more passive and calmed down a bit and I started stealing more and makin' moves.Jordan ( Yippee-ki-yay, motherf*cker) mentioned in our chat that he prefers to make moves and dominate a table rather than wait for the fish to make mistakes.I disagreed but its certainly fun to be sat at a passive table calling the shots.I'm just not sure if its as profitable as playing the rock at loose very high pot average tables.

It's an interesting topic and one that made me think more on why I seem to start sessions badly and then pull it back.My problem is that I sit down at a carefully selected high ave pot loose table and start by trying to make moves and show my "skills".When my "skills" ( or looseness) costs me money I tighten up and play solid tight abc poker with the odd steal when I've built the right image at the table to get away with it.

Its not easy to think "I'm going to hit up a table and fold for an hour".Maybe I'd be better looking for a passive table to run over when I start before moving on later.Thanks for making me think more about my game Jordan.

Mrs A is working tonight so its a Chippy for dinner.Fried Sausage in batter with chips probably.No wonder the West of Scotland has so much heart disease.

Tourney time at 9pm gmt. See previous posts.Its at Pokerstars and not fixed at 10 ( to get 10 would be good!) so if anyone at all reading this wants to play go to Pokerstars private tourney and look for "Littleacornmans blogger tournament".Password: bloggersrule

See you there....

5 Comments:

At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger surflexus said...

sorry i couldn't make the tourney today. i'm in if you have another one... surf

 
At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks for the invite to the tourney. Had a blast! Hearing you on the IM was worth the price of admission. Best wishes...

 
At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Surf.Catch you next time.

Your welcome Veneno.Great chatting with Y'all.Hope you placed in your MTT.
Thanks for bringing Sir along too.

 
At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

Dude,

You called me Bruce Willis. I'm sure it's the bald thing, more than anything else, but I've always said (about the bald thing) that it ain't so bad as long as I look like Bruce Willis and not George Castanza (from Seinfeld). Nice call.

 
At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Nah not the bald thing Jordan.( developing a nice hair patch myself).Its the accent mate.I think you telling me to "get down on the floor mofo" was what did it.I'm still there....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document