Wednesday, November 02, 2005

UK v US Part deux?

Watched Rangers draw 2-2 with Art Media after leading twice and throwing away the lead with some comic defending.The way the results have gone though we still have a good chance of qualifying for at least the Uefa Cup and possibly the next round of the Champions League.

My mate Sandy phoned after and we chatted like old women for nearly an hour.He made the mistake of showing an interest in Holdem and that's one topic I can talk mince about forever( see last 5 months of this blog) .He is going to pop up on Monday night for his first lesson.I think he'll make a great player in time.A clever guy with a great sense of logic.Spending most of our last two years at school together playing 3 card brag for hours and hours may also help.

Logged on to Pokerroom around 11pm but to be honest my heart wasn't in it.I tried playing Ridge Racer on my PSP whilst at a full ring 25c table but came off the tracks a couple of times in both games.

I was feeling a bit bored of the poker to be honest.I wanted to go all in for $25 with 64 o/s.It was a tight table and I'm sure unless someone had AA or KK I'd have won the pot.I had imagined showing it and getting lots of action afterwards but realised that my attitude was stinking and resisted.Dropped $13 after a host of preflop raises which completely missed the flop and headed off to bed around 12.30am.

Ok is anyone up for another go at a UK v US blogger tourney this Sunday? Royal Vegas wasn't too great and I've not tried again to make a deposit so possibly Pokerstars or even my favourite site Interpoker maybe? I'm fairly sure Interpoker accepts US players and their Sng's are always empty.

Jordan and Tripjax have said they should be able to make it this Sunday along with Gcox and I'm really looking forward to getting round a table with these guys.Obviously no game would be complete without Chief UK Trasher talker Juice and our secret weapon Mr Edge.Believe me this tourney is worth playing just for the chat and for Juices blog report afterwards.

Noticed Butroz and Kronsdat from the UK commenting on Juices blog so hopefully two new recruits for this Sundays game.

Be great to see Veneno and Sir there too if possible but I realise Sunday pm may not be the best time for some folks.9pm UK time is fine with me but if it was 4-5 pm here I don't think I'd miss my Sunday roast for it.( Roast beef and tatties,Yorkshire pudding,veg and gravy mmmmmm).

Please leave a comment if you're interested ( in the tourney not Sunday dinner!).

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I look forward to the rematch! It'll be a good laugh if nothing else.

Could I ask what you define as the ideal table? Obviously a loose table is good, but you also mentioned average pot sizes the other day.

The Edge.

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

You can count me in for this Sunday, just IM me when you all are ready to play. I don't have any money on Interpoker, but Stars or Royal Vegas would be fine with me. I also have some money on Pacific, which I believe the Edge mentioned today in his blog.
Jordan said he was in, but I don't think Trip has opened Royal Vegas yet. He's waiting to clear the bonus at Bodog and then do a promotion for a bigger bonus at Royal.

Any site suits me fine and I will be up for the challenge this week.

G

I would also be up for the Sunday dinner, by the way.

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

I think I'll have the $50 I need to deposit using VPP. That's what I've been looking for. I'll do it this week as to be set to go for Sunday. I'll let you know when I'm up and running...

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Sorry Trip but RV is out.Still wont let me deposit.The blinds structure and starting stack was poor at RV anyway.

Just put $50 intoPokerstars.Anyone know how to set up a private tourney there?

I prefer high flop seen/high ave pot size Mr Edge. Play tight aggressive poker and you'll get action on your good hands at these tables.( at the low limits I play at )

Acornman

Mrs A says your welcome for Sunday dinner anytime Gary!

 
At Wednesday, 02 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

you didnt mention our victory on sunday!

You know after all this chat from our US buddies.Having proven the skills once do we really need to prove it again

Perhaps we need to organise a UK v.s canada match.

We could do with a challenge after all! ;-)

I cant believe that ven is a girl. how cute!

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

i gotcha acornman. i'll do some looking around for other sites that do private tourneys and sng's as well. i can def swin pokerstars cause they have a minimum $25 and i already have an acct.

sweet.

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey Davee welcome to Team GB.

Looks like Pokerstars and I'll try and find out how to set up a tourney there.I'll wait to hear from you first before setting it up Trip in case you get a better option on another site.

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Are the Pokerstars tournies $25??? That's too rich for my blood. Us southern softies aren't as rich as some would have you believe!

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

No Edge, their minimum to deposit is $25. That's what Trip was referring to. They have $5 tournies just like everybody else does.

There aren't too many of us that would be playing if it were $25 to enter, me included. Well, maybe once.

I'm looking forward to SUnday afternoon. Acorn, let me know when you've settled on a site, in case I need to move some money around.

G

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

You are inviting Aussie dave to join team GB!!!???

He might steal our chips!

;-)

Although maybe he could join the team as your replacement.

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Juice.

Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document