Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thursday Update

Not much happening last night.

At 7pm we went to see round the high school Step A will be going to next year.She's 11 and in her last year at Primary school.The headmaster gave a short speech.When he introduced himself as Mr Wright I half expected the hall to errupt with "Good evening Mr Wright".Step A will have countless liason officers and will spend a couple of days at the high school in June before attending there from August.None of that when I was moving up.I just tied my old school tie to a railing and crossed my fingers I wouldn't get the tradditional "head flushed down the toilet" treat I'd heard the older pupils reserved for the new first years.

Watched some football when I got back then checked out a few poker blogs.Opened Pokerroom about 11pm and played 45 minutes for $17 profit.

I found a couple of .25nl tables with average pots of $18 and 45% seeing flop so thats where I started.These stats change all the time so when I noticed the pot average decrease too much I was on the move again.Lasted one hand at a table where my first hand was KK.I raise to $2 and everyone folded.

66 in the hole and I limp in only to see a flop of Js 6c 6s.I call a 50c bet and so do 4 others.I'm hoping someone makes their flush or hits their overcard but when a final spade falls on the river only I only get one caller for my $10 bet.Pokerroom has one big advantage over some other sites and that is I was able to see the handhistory and see the villan ( maybe he should be renamed "friend" in this case) had called with J10.Thankyou!

Read a Phil Helmouth article where he talks about how he started out winning poker at $3-$6 because he played a very tight game and his opponents were playing for entertainment.I think in some respects that applies to micro low limit nl.

Reading top quality bloggers like Willwonka write about not getting excited about winning over $300 in a session makes me smile.One day this little acorn would love to be in that position but I realise I'll need to step well outside my comfort zone and improve my game by about a trillion % before I even think about moving up to $2-$4 nl let alone Wills lofty heights.Always an education reading Wills blog.Worth a look if you haven't already.


Hopefully plans for the UK v US tourney are starting to come together.( and I love it when a plan comes together). Fairly sure Pokerstars will be the venue but no idea how to set up a private tourney there as yet.

The UK will obviously be looking to consolidate our postion as the Numero Uno blogging players at the tables although to be fair I wasn't exactly leading the charge after not being in the first sng and crashing out the second one early doors.That'll all change this week I'm sure....

Off to visit my Gran this evening before heading home to hit the tables.

The weekend is nearly here.Another week in life successfully wished away...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger WillWonka said...

Thanks for the shout out. We all have to start somewhere. I started with $60 about 1 1/2 years ago.

And oh, by the way, I get excited when I make $1. You just have to realize that as long as you are playing within your bankroll, you shouldn't really treat as real money. You need to play your good poker without the worries of a losing session.

Keep up the good work!!!

 
At Thursday, 03 November, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Acorn. Check this. We should do some sort of point system in US v. UK. Have a series of SNGs, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd getting points (as well as $ for winning hte SNG). The country with the highest points at the end of a couple of months can win a side bet. The player from the winning team with the highest points could get a larger share of the side-bet.

It's just an idea, and may be too complicated and unnecessary. Whatever the case, I'll be wearing my American Flag underwears on Sunday and playing for the red, white and blue, which is oddly the same colors of the union jack, but you know what I mean.

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Will.I think I do worry too much about individual sessions.But its a thin line because if I don't worry at least a bit I get too slack!


I like the points system idea Jordan but its maybe better to run without it until we get a semi-regular game going first.

I'll be wearing my best Tuxedo and drinking my tea shaken not stirred..

( if I can find a site to play at!)

 
At Friday, 04 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

USA underwear?

Since when is there brown in the US flag?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document