Saturday, November 05, 2005

Story of the my night

I wrote down a few hands as I went along last night.Started at a .50-1nl 6 max table and lost $30 with 99 to 10 10 ,$32 with KJ to AJ and $30 with KQ to AQ.

It just wasn't happening for me at all.I'd fold A9 to a raise and the flop would come A 9 4.

The Nolan sisters finally stood up for a $30 win and a bluff with AsJs pulled back another $25.Got lucky when my AQ made two pairs on the river v KK before losing $25 when my AQ made 2 pairs and lost to a flopped flush.

Found Juice at a full ring nl .20 table and played there a whilst also playing a 6 mx $1 nl table.

I was $100 down and pulled it back at this point.Juice and I played a 50c private tourney and got it down to heads up against each other.I had a 5-1 chip advantage and made it count by piling on the pressure and big bets eventually finishing him off with a flopped straight.

Decided to take a shot at $2-$4 nl 6 max and managed to blow $200 in 3 hands.I raised with AhKh and stupidly chased my flush draw to the river.Drawing donkey.

Pushed too hard with JJ on a scary board for another loss before playing pussy poker with another AK and not raising pf.Hit my K but I'd let someone with 85o/s make their 2 pair and once again it cost me.

I realised I was playing scared and quickly left prepared to write up my hard luck story in todays blog.

That was until I moved to one of the craziest tables I've yet been at. $1.50-$3nl 6 max at Ladbrokes.Average pot size was $96 when I joined and peaked at $134! This was much higher than most of the $2-$4 tables but with the blinds being that bit lower I didn't feel outside my comfort zone.

My 3 main winning hands were in my last post.I noticed that in the last two both players tried to bluff me on the river.I think this was down to my tight play.I folded a lot and probably several times when I was ahead and maybe this is what made them think they could push me out the pot.

$1144 up for my nights work which is my biggest winning night since I started just over a year ago.Made a £75 donation to Mrs A to go shopping today.Least I could do after waking her up at 05.30am to tell her of my win!

I wish Rangers could get a win though.Just back from a poor 0-0 draw with Aberdeen.We play cel*ic on Wed night in the league cup and it looks like being Alex Mcleish's last game in charge.12 points behind Hearts in the league and drawing too many games.Mcleish is a decent man but its about results and he's not getting them.George Burley and Ommar Hitzfield would be my top choices to take over.

Emailed Chipper re setting up a Private tourney at Pokerstars for 9pm gmt Sunday.Confirmation as soon as I get it.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, 05 November, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

I see a chippers privat tourney on tomorrow in the private section. is that it?

 
At Sunday, 06 November, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

I've set up the tournament just now as of 7:12pm Saturday. It is called: Littleacornman's Bloggers Tournament.

It will start at 9pm GMT (4pm Eastern) on Sunday November 6th.

It is a $10+1 NLHE tournament.

Password is: bloggersrule

Hope that works for everyone.

chipper (aka the pokerdwarf)

 
At Sunday, 06 November, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

I'm in.

Chipper...thanks man...that's cool of you...

 
At Sunday, 06 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks again Chipper!

 
At Sunday, 06 November, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Over a grand in one evening!!!??? Well done Acorn. You're a real inspiration and I'm so envious of your skills.

I guess this is why you like the NL so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document