Monday, November 07, 2005

Hooked as UK win again!

Thanks to all who turned out for the 2nd US v UK bloggers tourney on Pokerstars and of course to Chipper for setting it up..If everyones up for it we should do it again.Maybe better to wait until a week on Sunday to give some of the Brits more time to come up with the extra £2.86 entry fee.Start putting aside an extra 20 pence a day and you can make it!

I was the only Brit there but luckily Aussie Dave was on my side and took it down to give the UK + Rest of World a 2-0 victory in the series.

I played a stinker and after a few wee steals I got all in with the hand of fate ( JJ) and lost to AK when a K hit on the flop.Those Jacks can as Trip and Garyc would say...Kiss my ass!

Had a cheap wee headset plugged in too and it was great to be able to join in the voice chat and luckily my voice seemed a bit faint to some of the others as my small online tell of stating out loud what my hand was may have caught me out otherwise...

I played and came 3rd in a $5 pokerroom sng whilst still chatting to Aussie Dave and Veneno before switching off when Mrs A arrived home from work at 12am.

Mrs A didn't seem to happy that I was chatting away and having fun and stomped off up to bed.She's still off the cigs and a bit moody with it but I'm not sure if there's more to it than that.
Sure I've bunged her some of my recent winnings and bought her flowers last week but while she doesn't seem to mind me playing poker and chatting to her from my cupboard while she watches tv I don't think I'm going to get into her good books by chatting on my headset to my blogger mates.( although why that's a crime when she wasn't even in I don't know!). Hell maybe she was just tired last night.

So she stomped off to bed and I opened up a play money table and went all in 10 times in a row just to blow off some steam before going to bed.

She's working again tonight so I'll be looking after Step A and showing my mate Sandy the Holdem ropes if he makes it over.( his Missus has just had their 2nd baby).

Ok off to pick up a small child and a chow mein...

3 Comments:

At Monday, 07 November, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

Sorry I missed the big UK vs US bloggers tourney. The Mrs has been under the weather and I needed to help her out that afternoon. If you ever need another one set up on Poker Stars let me know.

 
At Wednesday, 09 November, 2005, Blogger Meek said...

I've got the same chat/headset concerns. I can IM, but don't want to put on the headset since others are in the room.

 
At Wednesday, 09 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Chipper.Family always comes first.I'll probably take on your offer.Cheers.

Agreed Meek the chats great but is a bit anti-social if the family are around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document