Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Slick smashed

Mark came over last night and we made it onto the Pro-tour on Ridge Racer.He left about 11.45 and I hit the tables for 20 minutes.

It was my first hand and I paid a dead blind of 25c at a full ring table.One limper before me in the cut off seat so I bet $1 with KQ o/s.Button folds and the BB raises to $2 which I'm not too fond of but call for $1.

Flop comes 8 7 K rainbow and Mr Big Blind bets $2 which is called by one other before it gets to me.He's betting $2 into a $7 pot which is an $11 pot by the time it gets to me so while I'm worried about AK I call his weak post flop bet and the turn is a Q which has me doing mini cartwheels in my cupboard.After my AA v Trips the other night I soon calm down and worry that someones made their set but when Mr BB only bets $1 this time and this only gets called by the other player I decide its time to get jiggy and raise it to $10 which only Mr BB calls.He checks a 6 on the river and calls my $9 river bet and shows AK for a smashed slick.

Now sure I got lucky with the Q on the turn but I wouldn't have been there to get lucky if Mr BB had made a pot size bet on the flop.I'd bet preflop and he'd raised so I had to put him on something decent and strangely enough the first hand I tend to put a preflop raiser on is AK.

Left the table 20 minutes later $27 up and a happy Acorn.

Spent £216 getting a new car radiator fitted today.I nearly crashed driving home last night as my eyes were glued to the temp guage waiting for it to go shooting up.The rain was driving down and there was no hard shoulder on parts of the motorway so breaking down wasn't an option.All sorted now.Just got to hope I don't need to spend anymore on the car before Xmas.

Not even begun to have thought about Xmas presents and stuff yet.Dec 23rd is my usual start date but I've also got my Mum and Dads 60th's coming up before then.They're not into surprise parties and not sure what to get my Dad but a real money gift certificate for my mum is a definite!

I tried and failed to presuade my big mate Stu to start playing for real money but he says he's quite happy just playing for fun.I kind of understand that but money won is twice as much fun as money earned and now that I've been playing for real myself for over a year I could never go back to the land of play money.I do enjoy the odd all in 10 times in a row blowout that my millionaire play money status allows but while there may be a certain arrogance I find it hard to view the play money games as real poker.I tried explaining that in many ways .25nl is easier as the play is a bit more predictable.

Ok here's another football clip thats being hotly debated at the moment.Have the patience to get past him putting on his boots.Did he really hit the cross bar 4 times? According to The Sun newspaper he did but I'm still not sure if Nike faked it.Can't wait to see him starring for Brazil in the World Cup next year either way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=aRHk8ol0vTw

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 15 November, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

If you want to ease your friend into playing for $$, Golden Palace Poker (which has a largely British client base), has $.10 SNGs! Also, they have .02 cent freeroll SNGs, where the winner gets a whopping .02! When I started playing for $, it was at GPP with $20 (minimum deposit allowed). It's not a bad idea.

 
At Tuesday, 15 November, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Hey buddy,
I didn't get your IM with your address the other day. Try and catch me tomorrow or this weekend and I'll get it handled.

G

 
At Tuesday, 15 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Jordan I'll pass that on mate.

Catch up with you soon G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document