Friday, November 25, 2005

Back on track

Managed to get my game back on track last night.Played for 3 hours and won $138.
I started out at a full ring .50-1nl table at Ladbrokes as I wanted to be sure my head was right before looking at 6 max again.

I think the next time I get KK I should just fold.I reraised a villans bet with KK ( with position on him) and when he bet out on a low flop with 2 diamonds I reraised again and called his all in push instantly.He had AdQd and hit both his flush and his Ace.I was a 60-40 favourite when the money went in but as my KK hasn't held up the last 5 times I wasn't expecting too much and was at least happy with myself for the way I played it.It happened at a frustrating time because I'd built my $100 to $185 and that knocked me back by $60.

I was playing two tables of full ring poker which helped me stay tight and not get into drawing donkey mode.

I then closed 'em down and opened two 6 max .50-1nl tables and had a serious word with myself before sitting down to play.My pep talk to myself seemed to work and I tightened up and started making good decisions again.I called a preflop raise with JJ and folded to a decent size bet on a low ragged flop leaving two others to battle it out before the original preflop raiser won with QQ.That felt good but its funny how when I laid down 1010 the other night and 99 won I felt like a fool but last night I lay down JJ,QQ wins and I feel like a hero!

Don't remember all my big winners but I did have a lucky rush for about 5 hands in a row where I had great starting hands and probably couldn't have hand picked the flop any better.After that I sat tight again and this time the trips were on my side as I took down a big pot when 99 hit a set on a board with an Ace v a preflop raiser.I could only hope he didn't have a pair of Aces but when another A came on the river to give me the full house I prayed he had AK.Ladbrokes doesn't show the mucked hand but I think my guess was good.

I've included a hand below to see what people think.Not much fun just posting everytime AA holds up.I'll never tire of posting or reading winning hammer hands though.

Here's some background information first:

I'd bought into this table for $100 and had won $175 within about 15 minutes of sitting down.Hachem had started with over $400 and I'd taken a chunk of it.I seemed to have good reads on the table and was so pleased with myself I nearly wrote "There's a new Sheriff in town" in the chat box just to wind Hachem up.I know he wasn't happy because he kept raising my blinds or the pot if I limped in.Part of being a smoker means that just made me laugh instead of being annoyed or angry.I found it funny that he obviously felt I'd intruded on his "Table Captain" territory.

He raised a lot preflop but only seemed to push hard postflop when he made a hand but when he did there was no slow playing.I was tempted to call or push in response to his turn bet but KJ just seemed such a strong possibilty that I folded.

He was loose so maybe he only had a flush draw or possibly 2 pairs but I knew he was out to get me and if he'd made the nuts wouldn't hesitate to put me all in if I called his bet.Of course the board could have paired and I wonder if I should have called to see if that would happen.


Weak pathetic fold or great laydown?


Game ID 365656814 starting - 2005-11-25 00:57
** Bey [Hold 'em] (0.501.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Acornman sitting in seat 1 with $275.67
- Hachem sitting in seat 2 with $338.27
- Turbo_sund sitting in seat 3 with $97.32
- izaque sitting in seat 4 with $99.00
- mickemannen sitting in seat 5 with $20.43
- Newtree sitting in seat 6 with $76.51 [Dealer]

Acornman posted the small blind - $0.50
Hachem posted the big blind - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts
Turbo_sund folded
izaque called - $1.00
mickemannen folded
Newtree called - $1.00
Acornman raised - $4.50
Hachem called - $4.50
izaque called - $4.50
Newtree folded

** Dealing the flop: 6 of Spades, Queen of Clubs, 10 of Hearts
Acornman bet - $10.00
Hachem called - $10.00
izaque folded

** Dealing the turn: 9 of Hearts
Acornman bet - $15.00
Hachem raised - $60.00
Acornman folded
Hachem mucks:
Hachem wins $106.50 from the main pot

Its cold in Glasgow ( -1c just now) and it was snowing this morning when I left for work.More snow forecast for the weekend.

Here's a few funnies to start the weekend with.First here's a lovely recipe for Christmas cake.......

You'll need the following: 1 cup of water 1 cup of sugar 4 large brown eggs 2 cups of dried fruit 1 teaspoon of salt 1 cup of brown sugar Lemon juice Nuts 1 bottle of whisky Sample the whisky to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure the whisky is still OK. Cry another tup. Tune up the mixer. Beat two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it goose with a drewscriver. Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon the sugar or something. Whatever you can find. Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whisky again and go to bed.

One for sports fans..

A man had great tickets for the World Cup Final. As he sits down,another man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the empty seat next to him. "No," he says. "The seat is empty." "This is incredible!" says the other man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the World Cup Final, the biggest sporting event, and not use it?" "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. My wife was supposed to come with me, but she passed away. This is the first World Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married." "Oh .. I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbour to take the seat?" The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."


Loved this one...

This test only has the one question, but it's a very important one.
By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation inwhich you will have to make a decision.
Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.
Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.You are in Glasgow. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.

This is a flood of biblical proportions.You are a photo journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in themiddle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses andpeople swirling around you...some disappearing under the water.
Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury. Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water.He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down withthe debris.You move closer... somehow the man looks familiar.
You suddenlyrealizewho it is. It's Neil Lennon( celt*c footballer)!At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about totake him under ... forever.
You have the two options:You can save the life of Neil Lennon , or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo,documenting The death of one of the country's leading footballers.
So here's the question, and please give an honest answer: Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Have a great weekend and be lucky...

1 Comments:

At Friday, 25 November, 2005, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

haha

I think film selection depends on what color Neil's hair is this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document