Saturday, November 26, 2005

Intergalactic swings

I had another crazy night at the 6 max nl tables last night.Started off by going out of Ladbrokes freeroll tourney after going all in with AK sooted peflop and getting beaten by QQ.I tend to take too many early chances in mtt's and while it was only a freeroll there is $2k in prize money available.

Moved to $1nl and went on a terrible run.AA beaten twice in large pots.Now that was bad but I will need to remember AA is only a top pair and can be laid down.My KK was beaten yet again and this time it was a sickener as I'd got my money in v QK preflop but QK made a straight on the board.For my next trick I moved to a $2nl table and gradually built from $200 to $265 only to lose it all going in preflop with QQ v a loose wild player who had a huge stack and held 99.At Ladbrokes you don't see your opponents cards until after all the board cards have been dealt ( when all in) and when the board came low I thought my QQ was good till I clocked that the 9 on the turn had screwed me for yet another pot where I was favourite when the money went in.

I'd started at the tables at 10pm and this was 4 am so these beats had happened over 6 hours but despite my bankroll having taken a hit I wasn't on tilt or playing badly. I was 2 tabling for most of the night and the later it got the crazier the tables became.

A $2-$4 nl table with an average pot of $240 was my next stop.The play there was just bonkers with huge pots on a regular basis.I tried to stay out the way but not play scared when I did get invloved.I was playing two tables and slowly building my way back up.

At one point I'd been down over $500 but the $2-$4 6 max table saved my bacon.This may be the biggest pot I've ever won.I knew the guy would call because he'd been very unlucky in his previous hand when a flush draw put him all in and had hit when he called with his tptk.

Strange how one of my biggest losers earlier in the night was when my AA lost to trip jacks then later I win in the same situation.

** Game ID 366568496 starting - 2005-11-26 04:42:46
** Harrisville [Hold 'em] (2.00-4.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- lars-vegas sitting in seat 2 with $438.50
- RichieBalboa sitting in seat 3 with $1289.51
- Acornman sitting in seat 4 with $443.00 [Dealer]
- naglonaglo sitting in seat 5 with $400.00
- deuce2 sitting in seat 6 with $751.24

naglonaglo posted the small blind - $2.00
deuce2 posted the big blind - $4.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts
lars-vegas folded
RichieBalboa called - $4.00
Acornman called - $4.00
naglonaglo raised - $26.00
deuce2 folded
RichieBalboa folded
Acornman called - $26.00

** Dealing the flop: 10 of Diamonds, Jack of Spades, 6 of Clubs
naglonaglo bet - $32.00
Acornman called - $32.00

** Dealing the turn: 5 of Clubs
naglonaglo checked
Acornman bet - $40.00
naglonaglo raised - $120.00
Acornman raised - $292.00
naglonaglo went all-in - $224.00
Acornman called - $344.00

** Dealing the river: 3 of Diamonds
naglonaglo shows: Ace of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds
Acornman wins $810.00 from the main pot

End of game 366568496

Finished playing at 05.30am.From $520 down to $332 up.My Ladbrokes roll stands at $1575 which is $400 profit between last Sunday and today.I feel as if I've really earned it this week.No wonder I sometimes find it hard to start playing when I first switch my pc on.Keeping a clear ( well as clear as possible after 2 joints per hour!) head and playing well during $800 swings of fortune 'aint easy.

I did do some more reading last night too.Poker blogs and poker forums to try and learn some more about this insane game we all love.

Woke up at 2.30pm today and had missed the EK Thistle game.In the Premier league celt*c lost 1-0 at home which was great but the Champions are still 15 points behind and playing Hibs tomorrow.Like last year when we were behind all season we have to keep believing but with games in Europe to play a comeback in the league will be very tough.

Mrs A will be out at her friends for a few drinks tonight so I'll have the place to myself.I think for a change I may hit up a poker site and play this Texas Holdem game I've heard so much about...

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 26 November, 2005, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Oh boy..playing alone..lol..enjoy!!

 
At Sunday, 27 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

Acorn likes playing with himself!

Im so envious of your winnings. Im happy to double up once in a session!

The gods just dont like me

 
At Sunday, 27 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I wasn't alone with my faithfull pooch by my side and Mrs A making drunken calls to me everytime ( it seemed!) I'd just lost a big pot.

What do you mean the Gods don't like you Juice? Are not up over $100 in a short time? How many BB is that?!

 
At Sunday, 27 November, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

I dont care about bb! all i know is that im losing. and i dont like it!

The past is nothing.

Past glories dont win you more money.

The only satisfaction comes from winning more money!

and then some

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document