Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Made the money but arghhhh!

Prepared like a pro for the £10k Mtt tonight by having a ham n mushroom pizza n many smokes.

399 of us were to do battle but only 40 would make the money.I must have played about 10 hands in total and once I'd made it past the bubble I loosened up and ran into a tough beat.I'd folded AK to a 2.4k raise from a new player at the table when I had 8.5k in chips just to try and make the money but when I saw AQ after the bubble I raised it up and got 1 caller.I go all in on an A 7 5 board,he calls and shows 99.Blank turn.Do I need to say what the river card was? Damn 9 innit!


Still £35 ( 36th position) for an initial £2.50 investment is ok with me and more good mtt experience to store away.I was at an aggressive table most of the time and truth be told felt I simply played my cards most of the time.I did reraise with second pair to steal a pot fairly early on but the rest was just patient sit tight n wait for a monster poker.The blinds went up every 15 mins so plenty of room for movement.

You know if I'd won that hand I'd have been in with a shout.

And if my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle...

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

can we have less poker and more nacho stories please? ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 03 January, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

love the last sentence...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document