Sunday, June 24, 2007

Old School- 1st 6 months of 1986

Long before Blogs, and not long after computers were invented I kept what was known as a diary.I started in 1986 when I was 13 and I thought I'd throw a few quotes out there for fun, and possibly to jog some memories, although this will probably be strictly for my own records and amusement.If the post title is "Old School" it means a post like this...

Jan 22nd: Bought a new pocket warmer and Beachhead + Rambo for my Spectrum 48k.

Jan24th: Went to get my watch back from Hendersons but they didn't have the batteries afterall.Took it to Tandy where the guy dismantled it and then told us he didn't have a clue.I got a free battery.The guy was nuts.

Jan 26th: Watched Spitting Image and the Chicago Bears bt the Patriots in the Superbowl 46-10

Jan 27th: In Tech nobody owned up to breaking Alans model.However we didn't get a punny.

Jan 28th : Challenger shuttle disaster.What is NASA short for? Need Another Seven Astronauts... Madonna at num 4 with Borderline

Jan 30th: My letter rack in tech burst in the vice.Baaaaa.

Feb 5th: It's snowed today and me and Mic ( San Jose Salmon) went sledging.What was 14 feet and lies at the bottom of the sea? The Shuttle,Challenger!

Feb 6th: Went sledging again and fell in the burn.

Feb 10th: Went to cinema to see Rocky 4 which was brilliant.

Feb 14th: I got two valentines.One from Fiona and one anon.Did cross country running at school.It was hell!

Feb 23rd: Snowed again and Chingy and I threw snowballs from the barrier outside Marks.( Al Eleven) I missed a car by about 1cm.We panned my neighbours house too and went home.

March 1st: went into town and spent £4 at Treasure Island ( amusement arcade).Got Madonna t-shirt and Robin of the wood for my 48k.The 128k was launched in early Feb.

March 3rd: Mark is in trouble because of Miss Barsote the French teacher.This was the same teacher who when threatening to cancel a class "party" by saying it was "hanging by a thread",prompted a voice at the back to shout "well cut it aff then".The whole class cheered at that one.

March 5th: Someone farted during the Ministers speech this morning.hahahaha

March 21st: Had cross country for what I hope is the last time in 2nd year.Lee,David and I walked round the course and took a shortcut across a few fields.We were all joint last.

March 23rd: Played Football Manager,subboteo and played Ad Astra with infinite lives!
Watched Brewsters Millions too.

March 30th:James Cagney died and Dad took the fuse out of my wee tele as I was a bad boy.hahahaha

April 2nd: Went to Campbeltown with Greg.We played pool and on the "snappy viper" ( fruit machine). I have made up my mind never to gamble again.....on fruit machines.

April 5th; Won £8 on Grand National.West Tip won.

April 7th:We are doing World War 1 in history.I wonder if my children will be doing the history of World War 3!

April 9th: School was boring.I let the art teacher grab a note off me which said " I hate nosey teachers".hahahaa


April 10th: Murdo fell asleep in English.Dougie came over and we had a cushion fight and put useless pokes into the computer.Watched The Thing.

April 14th: After tea Greg came round and we watch tv and talked about sucide.I couldn't convince him.hahaha

April 15th: USA bombs Libya.Gaddafi is a fool.In PE we did the Shot putt and I only got 5m 22cm.We were all asking Euan if he had sucked a girls big toe before.He said he has at a party last summer.What an idiot.hahahaha.

April 18th: Enjoyed burning food in Science as an experiment.I have good experience here with Mums cooking.Nicola and Sarah came round later and we told each other creepy stories.

April 22nd:Ran 200m in 38.75 secs.What a greyhound! Murdo was throwing bits of cucumber at the roof of our base at School.

April 23rd: In art the teacher told me I couldn't draw my breath.I told her the only thing she could draw was her pension.hahahaha.In French everyone was throwing their pens out the window.

April 30th: The Soviets are saying only 2 people were killed when that reactor blew up the other day.The UK papers say 2000.

May 2nd: Bought Spitting Image "Chicken Song".It's brilliant. ( 2007 edit: cringe!!)

May 6th:cleared freeball and all the colours at snooker!

May 12th:It is the inter-class challenge in PE.I am doing the long jump.A dead flea could jump farther than me but at least I'm not doing any running!

May 13th: Spurs manager sacked!

May 14th: An Indian boy came to the school and spoke to us about poverty etc.Scrounger!What a bore.Still at least he took so long we missed history! yahooo!

May 18th: Chicken Song is num 1 !! Played more snooker and watched That's Life later.

May 19th: Last day of Music at school ever.I hate Music.We were doing the keyboard and I did Row your boat whilst hitting the keys on Euans at the same time.

May 31st:World Cup starts in Mexico

Next 6 months to follow at some point maybe....

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Sunday, 24 June, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Brilliant.
That had me in stitches - and it was me!!
I had the Spectrum 48k as well - "played Ad Astra with infinite lives!" actually made me laugh out loud.
I bought the "Chicken Song" too.

And wasn't Football Manager by Kevin Toms the greatest game ever???

 
At Sunday, 24 June, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad it rang a few bells Cloud :-))Played that Football Manager game nonstop for months.Pure class!

 
At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 things that French teacher had it against me from the start!!! That was the reason that I wasn't allowed to take any foreign languages when it came time to pick subjects at scholl - there went my dream as a doctor (turns out I have a phobia of hospitals so that worked out ok) But being a bean counter... my dreams were better than that!!

Nicola... the one next door? Ahhhh Nicola!!!! Pure class can't wait till you get to the outer years and that "Great Orton" trip :)

 
At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Pure magic. Can't believe you posted those Nasa jokes. Reminds me of the Ayrton Senna icecream joke, though that was 8 years later.

 
At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Blogger GWC said...

LOL, I had beach head and Rambo for my speccy too.
Hope you realise you can get speccy emulators for your PC and relive all your fave games ;-)
I'm still fond of Skool Daze, Jet Set Willy and Chuckie Egg.

 
At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Blogger dD said...

lmfao !! sooooooo true !

sounds like u and the trout have a lotta history :)

regards

dD

btw hope the central heating is on and the frost has evaporated :)

 
At Wednesday, 27 June, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

SJS> French was never your strong point mate!

Mr Edge>> Well I did note those jokes down 21 years ago in far less pc times.I don't see anyone being offended these days and unless it was a relative of the disaster they can bite me anyways!

Cad>> Still got that Jet Set Willy theme going round my head and Skool Daze was another fav.I may have to try those emulators though it may be the end of my poker playing!


dD> Yeah,Myself ,the San Jose Salmon and the s-man ( sookraboaby) all go back many years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document