Monday, June 18, 2007

No rust but no glory!

My first game back in over a week was at the 13th Britbloggerment game and once again I managed to come 2nd which is fine when you're with a lady but not so good at a poker game! Congrats to Dudley ( Res Evil) for taking it down again for yet another Scottish win!

It was also great to see a few new faces at the game and I hope that continues next week.The regulars may have been playing for 13 weeks together but there's no need to ask about joining the game.Simply look for Britbloggerment at 'Stars under private tournaments ( 4pm est ,9pm bst Sundays $5)and use the password "donkament" to enter.It may be a "Britblogger" game but we really do welcome players from the US,Canada and Europe so give it a go!


I read Tan's latest post where he wrote that he felt that after not playing very much all week,he overvalued med pairs,made hopeful reads and felt he possibly wasn't making laydowns he should have made.In contrast I felt that my week off gave me a far fresher and clearer outlook on the game, and I found it much easier to open out my game a little and go with the reads I made.In part, this is probably because my standard speed mtt game needed opening out more than Tan's in the first place.


Starting a game without the baggage of being on a poor run or having recently suffered a bad beat seemed to boost my confidence and I reckon I probably played somewhere near my best poker.I like posting on an almost daily basis but I reckon more breaks are in order in the near future to help keep me focussed and fresh.


To be fair I also caught some decent hands and was lucky enough to pick up Aces v Lousabans KK and have them hold up.As ever I was enjoying my Sunday smoke and don't recall too many other hands, other than a fairly pivitol one ( though I didn't realise it at the time) v Res Evil where I raised with AQ and called his push over the top with AJ.Dudley ( res) said he thought he may be able to push me off which was fair enough.I had quite a large stack though and winnning that hand would have give me a decent chip lead and losing it wouldn't cripple me, so I was never folding and suffered my only real unlucky beat when he rivered a straight.

The final table seemed to be quite fast paced and before I knew it we were down to three with me being the shortstack compared to Dudley and Mikesaban who clashed bigtime when Dudleys KK beat Mikes AJ on a Jack high board.Soon after Dudley and I were heads-up but it was 2k v 29k ( aprox) and it did't take long for Dudley to see it through after that.

After the game I mused on what next for a while before deciding on a Full Tilt $50 cash game and I'm glad I did as it was as fishy as hell.( or heaven I suppose!)
I doubled up at my first table with Kings v JJ and left my second table with a nice wee profit after one particular fish got very generous with his monster Q7.



I did lose $7 after playing a couple of orbits of full ring $100 nl at Pokerroom ( called a raise with 99 and folded post-flop) and after that I watched a bit of the Sunday Million final table replay before hitting the sack for a long lie.Tomorrow is my last day off before it's back to the happy joyous world of work.

I took a look at the recent search words/phrases that people type in before stumbling upon this here blog.

Here are my top 5 favs...

1) "Bella Bella weed" ( for anyone who remembers the classic film "Gregorys Girl")

2) "Magic poker chant" ( if anyone has any ideas ,let me know!)

3) "5 dollar sngs's on Tilt are rigged" ( hehehe they're all rigged dontcha know!)

4) "old laddys pussy" ( ahh the dyslexic pervert strikes again!)

5) "to be kicked in the groin" ( join the queue!)


Just time before I go to say Happy Birthday to my blogger mate Juice.Have a good one.

Back soon....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 19 June, 2007, Blogger dD said...

well played Acorn !

did the courier arrive with the "dress" ??

re pivotal hand - that one had slipped my mind ! if you had busted me then, I would not have even made the final table :)

excellent turnout and nice to see all the new blood ! the britBloggerment reputation grows and grows !

once again, well played sir.

regards

dD

 
At Tuesday, 19 June, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I'm trying it on just now mate.Photos to follow....

Nae probs over that hand.I might have expected me to fold too :-)

Congrats again on another excellent win.Holdem not your game eh ye hustler!

Looking forward to Sunday already...roll on!

cheers,
Acorn

 
At Tuesday, 19 June, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

thanks for the birthday wishes Mr A!

Hope my you are looking after my favorite dog.

 
At Tuesday, 19 June, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Juice and Nacho still talks warmly of the shark you lot sent him :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document