Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thus Update

I hit the tables last night around 11pm and as usual I couldn't decide where to start.I settled on a 'Stars $50nl table and once it again it seemed to be one of those nights where nothing works.

When I finally hit a set with 1010 the flop came 10d Jh Qh with another heart on the turn and a King on the river.I had been making my usual decent sized bets on every street but had to fold to the villains river bet as I was sure he had me beaten.

I called a small raise with KQ and lost to AK on a King high board.I wouldn't normally call a raise with KQ and by the river I was almost certain I was behind.I did make one decent move in that hand and made a blocking bet of $3 on the river rather than checking to the villain and thankfully he only called rather than reraising.

I then moved to Laddies and was dealt Aces on my first hand at a full ring $50nl table.Maybe I'm just starting to get long in the tooth when it comes to poker, but I didn't feel any excitement at being dealt Aces.I was just thinking about how I would play different possible flops and in light of my crappy play at 'Stars ,I was asking myself if I would fold if I bet the pot on the flop and the villain came over the top.I had raised $3.70 preflop, ( in error,I meant to bet $2.50)and ended up winning with an almost pot sized bet on a ragged board.( the villain showed his AK).

Righty that's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document