Monday, May 21, 2007

Looks like I've lost an anon reader...

And the world has what it has been crying out for...another ghey poker blogger!Pop over and welcome Blantyres numero uno blogger,Dudley!


Congrats to three time winner Tan Orpheus for once again winning the Britblogger game,taking me out in 6th place along the way.Tan had been making regular raises with his big stack and I came back over the top with my 55 ( who said Presto was gold?!),only for Tan to call with A9 sooted,hit a 9 and send me packing.I'm glad he put my chips to good use!

A fine game and a lively chatbox as usual, marred only by my ( still hurting) poker injury, incurred by stubbing my little toes on the flippin' vaccum cleaner as I sprinted back into the living room whilst making a cup of tea between hands.I was also fielding phone calls from Mrs A and helping Step A with her homework so apologies if I failed to respond to anyone in the chat.

Overall I was quite pleased with my play as I think I always got my chips in when I had the best of it and when I didn't,I won without showdown.Good to see my good mate ,Al Eleven,back playing again and even better to see him exit nice and early.( that'll keep him quiet this week!)

After the game I hit a Laddies full ring $100nl table where the average pot was $54 and it played more like $25nl.There were a few of TAG's ( Tight Aggressives)
including myself and more than a few loose fishy types.I played very few hands indeed and the only raise I made with AK took the blinds and a limpers money.

I dropped about $10 overall but it could have been a lot more.I was tempted to play 76 from late position just to see a flop as the pot odds were good and I kicked myself when the table went to war on a Kd 7d 6H flop until the villain showed his 66 at showdown.

On another hand I folded Q2 in the small blind and would have lost to trip Queens on a Q 2 8 board.

No poker planned for tonight as the Mrs and I are heading out to see comedian Roy "Chubby" Brown at the Secc.

Oh,just off the phone to my Mum who told me I should tell everyone I know about her badbeat.Dealt JJ V 55.Jack on the flop followed by a 5 on the turn and another 5 on the river.Ouch! Maybe presto is gold afterall.....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 22 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOl at the the poker injury! I wonder if that a first? Maybe you could strain something pushing all the chips into the middle.... (unloess online of course)

Another good effort in the bloggerment mate. the old Acorn has gone and a new poker-machine acorn is on the scene!

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 22 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I wish I had enough chips to be able to cause a strain pushin' em in !

Thanks for the comment though mate.A machine eh! An old washing machine maybe :-)

 
At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can I say, nothing will keep me quiet next week if I spend another tequilla fuelled hazy Sunday poker session. Not sure what Juice's blog is or if he's got one but think I owe him an apology for my outrageous ranting!!! Even worse than the walk of shame is the shame of confessing you were an a**hole which I suspect I was. If you IM/speak to him let him know (I don't even know how much I said but what I recal was not pretty.....!!! Back to Miami tomorrow so hopefully catch a game on Thursday or Friday night with the lads!!

 
At Wednesday, 23 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No idea what your on about Mr Trout,but I'll pass the message on!
Catch you at the weekend mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document