Friday, May 18, 2007

Driven poker potty...

My gambling addiction rages on as I played yet more poker last night :-))).Not too much joy in my first $15 turbo as I was totally card dead until I picked up Kings and took the blinds with my first bet.My second bet was a steal with QJ and I ran into KK and hit the rail.

During my second game I realised I didn't have my poker potty handy ( every poker degenerate has one) and went on "need a pee" tilt ( combined with Mrs A arrives home and wants to chat tilt) and after raising with AK,I called a solid players all in and went out to ....KK again!

Now I like AK as a hand and I don't mind it as an all in hand, however the crucial point is that it's power comes from being the one betting first and not being the caller.

I tried hard to get that concept over to my Mum when we played.Betting with relative garbage is ok if a)it's been folded to me b) I have the right image c) the villain is solid enough to respect the raise and to have noticed my tight image d)the blinds are worth stealing e)I have position

Mrs A made the sandwiches for my work and I hit Laddies for a wee while before bed.I called a raise with 66 at a full ring $50nl game with the intention of hitting a set or getting out.The flop was a 3 4 5 rainbow and suddenly I saw possibilities opening up with my small overpair ( esp if villain had an AK/AQ
type hand) and straight draw.

The villain bet out and I called hoping to hit my draw or another 6.An Ace on the turn made me stop and think, as the villain seemed to slow down with a much smaller bet.If,as I suspected later,he had JJ/QQ/KK then this was my chance to raise his bet up and represent the Ace with outs to draw to the nuts.I wasn't worried about him drawing to the straight because I had two of the sixes and his preflop raise seemed to big to be a 67 type hand.

In the end I decided I hadn't been at the table long enough to know the villain and that even if I was right about his hand ,I may not be able to push him off.Of course he could well have hit that Ace on the turn but was proceeding carefully in case I was calling with a better hand than his TPTK.

The river was a blank and he bet out $5 into the pot of around $20.I was tempted again to go for a large reraise but for the reasons above I folded as I suspected he may call with JJ/QQ/KK even with the Ace on board especially as I'd done nothing up until that point to represent it.

Ok,just how much can one person slever on about a hand? Quite a lot...see above!

I did finish the night with a well timed bluff at a 6 max table.Yep,I don't just make donkey moves!

I raised to steal with K7d and bet out on the Ace high flop.The flush draw was also out and the villain called my continuation bet.I fired another bullet on the turn and he also called.With the flush draw failing by the river and another Ace falling I tried to make it look like I wanted a call and bet $6 of his remaining $9.He folded.Whooooooo!


Righty,the milkman and I are kicking around a few ideas re the bloggerment game.In some respects I'm of the keep it simple ,if it aint broke don't fix it school, but any ideas to keep things fresh are welcome.Some kind of league perhaps with a monthly prize? A midweek game alongside the Sunday one?A monthly $10 or even $20 mtt??
Thoughts welcome...

One last mini-rant before I go.If I see "methinks" written in any more comment sections of online newspapers there's going to be a cyber killing!
I think I'm not feckin' joking!

Edit: Just read this at Iggys blog.Pure quality man! ( flux capacitor indeed!)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, 19 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you set up a tournament at Stars ?
their help faq and website is useless

regards

dD

 
At Saturday, 19 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I wish I knew dD.I hope BM is on the case!

 
At Sunday, 20 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Why is chelsea your favorite team down south?Is it because they play in blue?

 
At Sunday, 20 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye
and all the blue bells are BLUE!!

 
At Sunday, 20 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Aye,The Blues Brothers!

Always had a soft spot for them.Been to the bridge to see them beat Ipswich a few years back.
Blue is the colour!

 
At Sunday, 20 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

well there is no accounting for taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document