Monday, May 14, 2007

Dudley Does Right!

Thanks to all 19 people who turned out last night for the Britbloggerment game and congrats to man of many names,Dudley,for taking it down.( dD,Res Evil,Anon,Scotlands own Dragon slayer)

Well played to The Cloud and Pokermunk3y for making the money and to Juice for saving everyones blushes and taking the walk of shame!

He was closely followed by the milkman, although he was unlucky to have his hammer cracked by Tan's fishy play with QQ! I noticed Tan suffered his own hammer failure later on which was equally harsh!

Incidentally I reckon anyone who crashes out first from now on should be spared from having to post the monkey if they go out with the hammer.Any thoughts?

I came a respectable 7th and as usual I can only recall a few hands.I won a biggy v Rosie with QQ v her AK,knocked out louisaban when she was unlucky enough to push her shortstack into my Aces and I gambled by calling Mr Edges all in with my AK and lost to his 1010.

I'm not sure I'd make that AK call again, as I was fairly sure I was lagging behind in a race.Mauzj tends to only play solid hands.I reasoned with 4.4k in chips and with Mauz on 2.5k ,that I wouldn't be crippled if I lost and that I would be in a great postition if my AK had hit, hence the call.

I hadn't crippled my stack, although I didn't have much room for movement after that.When Dudley raised it to 1200 and it folded to me I was hoping he wasn't looking for a call and had a big Ace or low pair.I wouldn't have called with 66 had my stack been bigger but with 800 chips,I felt it was time to take a stand.QQ and a Q on the flop soon sent me to the rail.

Mrs A arrived home from work a short time later and I switched off the laptop ( $5 up at Party) to devote some quality time to my good lady.

Ok,here's a wee funny from the paper before I go.It's a bit more relevant as he is my favourite author and Mother Acorns too.( she attended the talk)

If your looking for a good read I'd highly recommend any of his stuff...( or his US equivalent,Carl Hiassen.


AWARD-WINNING Scottish writer Christopher Brookmyre told the Conversation Pieces audience at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall that when he was at Glasgow University to do Film and Television Studies they combined it with the Drama department and called it the Drama And Film and Television Department. But as everyone knew it by the acronym Daft Department, they quickly changed it to Theatre Studies.

Chris, famed for his long, quirky titles, knows his own books by their acronyms, but is worried that his latest, due out in August, Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks, gives critics too much ammunition with its acronym AO Turd.

Terms of endearment
INCIDENTALLY, Chris's last book, A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil, is now out in paperback with a glossary the publishers wanted, explaining Scottish terms. St Mirren- supporting Chris may not have taken the glossary entirely seriously as it includes:

Crabbit. Of foul humour. See certain Scottish broadsheet literary critics.


Diddies. Protuberant milk-producing glandular organs situated on the chest of the human female and certain other mammals. See also Greenock Morton FC.


Honking. Emitting a foul odour; poorly thought of. See St Mirren 2001-2004.


Jammy. Enjoying extreme good fortune. See Rangers 1 St Mirren 0, Scottish Cup semi-final replay 1983.


All quite funny apart from the last one as Rangers only ever win through great skill and hard work.I've never seen a jammy Gers win yet!!

Just back after surviving another driving lesson with Mrs A.Got an email from Pokerroom to say that my dreams of playing poker on my new Fusion wi-fi enabled mobile have been dashed because the PR software doesn't work on the Motorola A910,however they have sent me a $5 tourney voucher to ease my frustration.( I didn't ask for it,honest!).

I'm off to see how quickly I can blow it....

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, 15 May, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Agree with the Hammer thingy - to finish last with the Hammer is an honourable act - almost samurai like!!

A message for dD.
Great play in the blogger game - your end game play in particular was superb.

 
At Tuesday, 15 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn
brilliant links for dudley and i was, literally, lmfao when i followed them ! pure dead brilliant, mate !!
btw becoming a bit of a habit, me sending you to the rail ... he he he

Cloud
high praise indeed sir, high praise indeed :)
very much appreciated !
and you didn't play to badly yourself, well done.

regards

dD

 
At Tuesday, 15 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way mate! Out first is out first. Thats the walk of shame whether you hold the Hammer or Bullets... ITS THE LAW!

We need to hold onto tradition! The monkey is for the loser and as soon as I get my internet back up i am going to make sure Quix doesnt forget!! loool

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 15 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I reckon The Clouds arguement wins the day BM but as I'm not planning on doing the walk of shame ever again..I'm not too bothered!

Glad you liked the links Dudley but any more reminders about me and being sent to the rail and the anon comments get moderated ye bassa!

 
At Wednesday, 16 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn,

Tough luck on the tourney, think you should consider banning dudley from your blog - the reader strikes back ;)

On the poker room voucher once again you manage to squeeze some free money out of someone for nothing... anyone else picking up how tight the acorn is - and I don't mean at poker!!!

San Jose is a really cool place but the work want me to start at 6am and work through to 6pm... no more "working from home" or lazy afernoons playing a few games with you unfortunately, but hey they did give me a rise so maybe I should earn an honest wage rather than taking money for free! Back for next weeks tounrey and I AM TAKING IT DOWN!!!

Cheers
Miami "Trout" Mark or San Jose Salmon

 
At Wednesday, 16 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

yes well played dD!

 
At Wednesday, 16 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

San Jose Salmon? Hehe.I like it!

See you Sunday mate.

ps look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves, my auld Granny used to say :-))

 
At Thursday, 17 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer Granny may well have said look after the penny's and the pounds will look after themselves but you're more of a stick sand up yer ass crack and wait for the pearl...... hehehe, that was so funny, I think I'll laugh at that again... hehehe - geez the lack of weed and 15.5 hour working day is doing my brain no good - day 3 welcome to the new job!!!

 
At Thursday, 17 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PMSL @ San Jose Salmon's comment re Sand And Pearls!!

'Sand And Pearls' - the title of the next post!

I'm offline chaps as my computer is currently dismantled, but i'll try to get back online asap...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document