Monday, May 07, 2007

Uber tilt......

I managed 2nd again in the Britblogger game ( congrats to Tan for taking it down)after I played a reasonably solid game until the heads up end game with Tan.On the last hand ( my Q10 V Q8) I nearly pushed preflop again,but decided to limp and when Tan bet into me after flopping his 8, I felt I had such a short stack I had to call, and was hoping I had at least two live overcards( Doh!).I had begun the HU as the shorter stack although once again I did manage to get things going in my favour before overplaying a hand,KJ V AJ, to leave me short again.

The chatbox was buzzing and hopefully everyone who played enjoyed themselves.Next week I want to go one better!

During the game Mrs A had called from work and mentioned watching a film together when she came home, as I'd suggested the same on Sat night but she was tired and went off to bed when she came home.I agreed, however when she arrived back I'd just crashed out of a tourney I was playing with Miami Mark and Mrs A said I could play another before the movie.Well I lasted about 5 mins in the new one and opened a cash table before Mrs A stormed off upstairs saying it was now too late to watch a film and to just get on with the poker.I knew there was no point running after her to try and make ammends but I also knew I'd become a leading candidate for the worst boyfriend of the year award and if I won then I'd deserve the title.

I was now very tired,more than a little herbed up ( !!) and feeling guilty and annoyed at myself for being such an idiot.

Anyway the next part is more toe curlingly embarrasing than even this...



I joined Miami Mark at a $100 nl 6 max table and lost a buy-in when a villain called my preflop raise with 97 and flopped a straight v my AA.I'd led out post flop and the villain didn't mess about and put me all in.I was new to the table and had no read at all so calling for the rest of my buy-in with my pocket pair was weak.

Not long later I tried the villains trick and called a preflop raise with 910sooted.The flop was 8 9 10 and it makes me squirm to think the money went in after an 7 came on the turn, as I was sure he had a larger pair than the board (JJ did worry me but not enough to get me to fold).He had KJ and I never paired my 9 or 10.

I then moved to Party $200nl and lost $140 all in preflop with KK v AA.I'd raised and after three players called, the fourth villain raised it to $42.Instead of that screaming Aces at me it screamed AK/AQ.Next time I'll cover my ears to prevent me from hearing any damn screaming!( especially my own!)


It was then back to 'Stars $200nl ( after a brief fiasco at Laddys which thankfully only cost me $35) for the tiltiest most horrible hand I think I've ever played.I used to have a post it note stuck to my pc which said "Am I past the point of pain?".In this instance I had well and truly passed that fateful stage.

It is a thin line though.On most occasions I can absorb the beats or accept I've played a hand poorly,deal with the consequences and move on.I always tell myself that if I can cope better than my opponents by not falling apart in those situations, then that will help give me an edge over those who may be better players but who have severe tilt issues.

Ok,I raised with A6,the flop was an A 5 3 rainbow,I led out and was reraised at which point I got into a raising war and ended up all in, as you do when you're in bonkers,mad, why didn't I just watch the film?,Why am I so stuck?,Why me?, Whiney whine mode.Even as another Ace came on the river I still knew it hadn't helped and I was beaten.The villain showed his A5 and I saw sense at last and went to bed.

I'm not seeking sympathy or "ouches".I'm not going to over analyse it either.I was in a crap, grumpy ,tired mood and got greedy chasing losses.I reckon last nights nonsense cost me almost $650 which wipes out my profits for last month.Looking over the longer term and at the bigger picture and I'm still over $300 up since the beginning of March and to be fair to myself I don't go on mega tilt very often.

It's also another reminder of why I have a bankroll and how useful it is to have one large enough to provide a cushion for occasions like last night.I have enough faith in myself and have experienced enough variance to know that it's unlikely that I really need a $4k roll for $50nl but as a hobby player it's great to know I can play like a total donkey,spew some $$$ on tilt and still have plenty left over to do it again.( he jokes!)

Righty I'm off to put last night behind me and to make things up with Mrs A.....

14 Comments:

At Monday, 07 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

650 dollars is more than my entire bank roll! im sure you will get it back. 15 more 2nd places in the bloggers tournie and you will be fine! Hope things get better with Mrs A soon.

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Blogger Mark said...

Funny to see The Office clip there. Lietterally just completed both series and specials to show my Hungarian fiance a little British Humour... had quite a lot of explaining to do!

About to start the League of Gentlemen, think i'd better drink.

Cheers, Mark

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very unlucky coming second again! As someone has already said you could be "the new cloud"!!!! As for tilting that money off.... ouch. NEVER play tired, you just dont judge situations correctly.

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

better the new cloud than the new milk eh acorn! :-)

Juice

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since bullmeister couldnt house the monkey im going to set up to the plate and set up to the plate and give him a home for the week.

dD (aka dudley)

P.s I love milk

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since bullmeister couldnt house the monkey im going to set up to the plate and set up a blog and give him a home for the week.

dD (aka dudley)

P.s I love milk

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Juice.Things are better already with the Missus.Bond film and a quiet night tonight....

Ahh how do you explain David Brent to anyone Mark!

Your right about playing tired BM but I think it was that + my bad mood that tilted me.I play half asleep most of the time! Keeps me patient! See Juices answer ( if I ever win the lottery I'm gonna employ Juice as my comment answerer!) for your second point!!

Nice work Dudley! Does this mean you have a ghey poker blog too now?

 
At Wednesday, 09 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no Acorn, I don't have a blog, yet, but

what the fuck ?

i've (you)(we) been hijacked !

whoever posted the previous 2 comments and signed as me ... own up ... 'cause it certainly was NOT me.

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 09 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hmmm Dudley that's very odd indeed.Who is the Dudley wannabe?

Is it Burnely Milk?? I can't think of anyone else who loves milk other than himself ;)

 
At Wednesday, 09 May, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

I can just imagine Milk anonymously posting to boost his fame!

 
At Wednesday, 09 May, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

I do know who it was. It wasn't me.

But it was funny.

I'm dD
No, I'm dD
NO, I'm dD!

Atb, Spartacus

 
At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as long as it was funny, thank goodness !

thought i was going to have to start defending my character from some eejit making offesive remarks !

outfuckingstanding
" I'm dD
No, I'm dD
NO, I'm dD! "

but Rosie, you aint old enough to have seen the fantastic Spartacus first time ... or have you been telling porkies ??

oh yeah, i have a great cartoon re "I am Spartacus" remind me to post it on my blog
'cause i've no idea how to post pictures in comments, can lurkers do that ?

regards

dD

 
At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Is the last comment from the real Dudley? You have a blog now?? Where?!!

Man I'm confused and I aint even had a smoke yet tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document