Friday, May 04, 2007

Life Shortening weekend....

Congrats to The Cloud for his excellent recent Mtt finish.Nice one Sir!

I've had a fairly non eventful couple of nights at the tables.I was frustrated to come 2nd in a $15 ,18 player turbo on Wednesday night after my 66 was rivered by the villains A2 when he hit his Ace.I then slow played my QQ a few hands later ( he had hit auto check/fold) and crashed when that allowed him to hit with his 95 off on a 996 flop.Doh!

I went 0/4 last night after running into Queens twice with mid pairs and suffering a couple of suckouts.I did try an all in bet from UTG with KK not long into one game, as I'd done something similar with AK and won a big pot a couple of hands previously.I was hoping that anyone with a pair may fancy a race if they put me on a similar hand again.They all folded!

All good fun and I'm looking forward to more poker tonight if I survive another driving lesson with Mrs A.

I can't be up too late tonight as I've got the final Old Firm game of the season at 12.30pm tomorrow at Ibrox.We lost the league ages ago but won the last Old Firm game and winning this one would be a good way to lay down a marker for next season.

Perhaps I should be careful as America's Esquire magazine http://www.esquire.com/dont-miss/better-man-07/60things0507 has an article titled "60 things worth shortening your life for" and attending a Rangers v Celt*c game comes in at number 40 on the list!

"Preferably in the Scottish Cup final. Imagine: Red Sox versus Yankees, if the ALCS involved sectarian hatred, hooligan rioting, and the occasional death threat."

There I was thinking it was going to be like a Sunday school picnic....


I'm also looking forward to the De La Hoya v Mayweather fight on Sat.It's the biggest fight for years ( since Tyson lost to Lewis in 2002)and I can't wait to see the Golden boy and Pretty boy get it on.I reckon Mayweather's boxing skills will see him win on points but ideally I'd like to see De La Hoya knock Mayweather out sparko!

All that and I'm off on bank holiday Monday! Smokin'!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document