Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday witterings

I was sorry to read that Klopzi has finally packed up his blogging bags.Always a pleasure reading his stuff.


Don't forget to sign up for the next Britbloggerment game on Sunday at 9pm Bst on 'Stars.Pass:Donkament

Check out dD's ( Res evil) excellent league table in the comments section of my last post.A true reflection of the previous games.( and beautifully seems to disguise my 12th and 13th place finishes in recent weeks!)


I was a little saddened to read Cell 19's post on last weeks game, where he said he felt it was a bit of a clique in the chat box.Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in the chat and indeed the game.

To clarify,I've known Miami Mark ( Al Eleven) and Sookraboaby ( s-man) since school and I've known Juice,Rosie,Spid and Tan Orpheus through their blogs and poker for nearly 2 years now.I've met Juice and he is a top geezer and a total gem of a bloke.( he even let me whup him 10-0 at pool!).

I only know the others through their blogs and from the five bloggerment games we've played so far.( and Res Evil as he's my reader!)

The banter so far in these games has been great but if players don't feel like participating in that side of the game then I'm 100% fine with that too.I'm also aware that chatboxes are not like voice chat and it's far easier for meanings to get lost or misconstrued.( there must be 50 ways to leave the table!)

I'm really pleased we've managed to get nearly 20 players in each game so far, but I'm realistic enough to know that like any family or community ,there will be the odd fallout etc too.

For example, we can all post hands all day long outing donkeys we play with ,but it's only in blogger games that the donkeys answer back! One man/womans genuis move is anothers fishy donk wtf moment.Actually, to be fair, everyone has accepted their beats superbly so far and are a credit to themselves and the blogger game.

On the topic of blogger games, I read Joe Speakers rant on bloggers spewing off chips because they have to leave, and how he feels this goes against the spirit of the game.In my opinion if you have bought into a game then you can do whatever you like with your chips,however I can see that it would be frustrating to lose out in such a situation.There's not many certainties in poker and no hand is 100% to win so even if a player has stated they are leaving,it's still a judgement call how you play against them and with what.Any thoughts?

To the poker and I've played a few hours at the cash tables this week at Party,Stars and Ladbrokes.I will be looking around soon for bonus/rakeback deals at other sites, as I make the move back to making cash my main game again.Tourneys for show and cash for dough certainly seems to be a true statement.I've weaned myself off the Laddys late night crapshoot and I'm enjoying my time back at the 6 max tables.

I have stepped up to $100nl a few times although if I can find a juicy $50 nl table I still prefer sit there.I'm also getting used to the cash game swings again.I always feel I have to post every win/loss here otherwise I'm not painting a true picture of my game.I've lost about $40 in dribs and drabs but I'm well up overall for this week.These hands helped...

I was two tabling Party $50nl on Monday night when this happened....

***** Hand History for Game 5905227442 *****
0/0 Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) - Mon Apr 23 20:01:39 EDT 2007
Table Table 128322 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: Darando ( $99.95)
Seat 2: babbo444 ( $17.15)
Seat 3: antouane ( $37.52)
Seat 5: Madafu333 ( $139.04)
Seat 6: Acornmn ( $68.50)
Acornmn posts small blind (0.25)
Darando posts big blind (0.50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Acornmn [ Qs, Qh ]
babbo444 calls (0.50)
antouane raises (2.50) to 2.50
Madafu333 calls (2.50)
Acornmn raises (11.75) to 12 >>It had been a fairly loose ,wild table and I thought ( wrongly) I probably had the best hand.

Darando ( had AA) calls (11.50)>> Just calls with Aces.A large reraise/all in may have won it for him here.

babbo444 folds.
antouane calls (9.50)
Madafu333 calls ( had 1010) (9.50)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5h, 6s, Qc ]

>> Bingo! Time to lead out and hope my bet looks weak....

Acornmn bets (10)

Darando raises (87.95) to 87.95 >>>> Yeeeeeha!

Darando is all-In.
antouane folds.

Madafu333 calls (87.95)>>>Surprised he came along for the ride

Acornmn calls (46.50)
Acornmn is all-In.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Qd ]

>> Dem quad biatches! Ship it!

** Dealing River ** : [ 3s ]
Creating Main Pot with $216 with Acornmn
Creating Side Pot 1 with $62.90 with Darando
** Summary **
Main Pot: $216 | Side Pot 1: $62.90 | Rake: $2
Board: [ 5h 6s Qc Qd 3s ]

Darando balance $62.90, bet $99.95, collected $62.90, lost -$37.05 [ Ah As ] [ two pairs, Aces and Queens -- Ah,As,Qc,Qd,6s ]
babbo444 balance $16.65, lost $0.50 (folded)
antouane balance $25.52, lost $12 (folded)
Leather_Butt balance $50, sits out
Madafu333 balance $39.09, lost $99.95 [ Th Td ] [ two pairs, Queens and Tens -- Qc,Qd,Th,Td,6s ]
Acornmn balance $216, bet $68.50, collected $216, net +$147.50 [ Qs Qh ] [ four of a kind, Queens -- Qs,Qh,Qc,Qd,6s ]


This one is from 'Stars last night after a fairly non-descript non-eventful evening.My Mum was watching again earlier and calling me to tell me she'd used Sharky on the villains ( and yes I do too ,especially at the blogger games!)at my table and the big mouth player was actually ( shock, horror)a big loser.Sharksccope only gives tourney stats but I reckon it can be useful ( any edge welcome) to use the info at cash tables too.

Anyways my Mum went off to bed and not long later my ducks made a quacking hand...( worse than a Suffolk punch joke!)

PokerStars Game #9589450350: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/04/24 - 18:47:02 (ET)
Table 'Gorgo II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: + to the EV! ($55 in chips)
Seat 2: 40licks ($68.50 in chips)
Seat 3: webcowboy ($50.20 in chips)
Seat 4: zagga ($45.75 in chips)
Seat 5: TheHoboKing ($50 in chips)
Seat 6: wdh2240 ($74.85 in chips)
TheHoboKing: posts small blind $0.25
wdh2240: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to zagga [2d 2h]
+ to the EV!: folds
40licks: folds
webcowboy: raises $1 to $1.50

zagga: calls $1.50>> webcowboy has been making a few preflop raises and seems a bit too loose.Here's hoping....

TheHoboKing: calls $1.25
wdh2240: folds
*** FLOP *** [2c 5c 3s]

>> Bingo! A4 immediately worried me and there are draws out there.I should probably lead out but if the preflop raiser has a higher pair then he'll be more worried about draws than me.TheHoboKing was also very tight and I ( correctly) didn't think he'd stay in unless he had hit.

TheHoboKing: checks
webcowboy: bets $3
zagga: calls $3
TheHoboKing: folds
*** TURN *** [2c 5c 3s] [7d]

Ok, I don't see webcowboy raising preflop with 46 ( A4 an outside possibility) but there are now too many draws to mess about.


webcowboy: bets $6

zagga: raises $7 to $13 ( no huge raise as I want to keep villain in pot)

webcowboy: calls $7
*** RIVER *** [2c 5c 3s 7d] [7c]
webcowboy: bets $32.70 and is all-in

>> Gotcha! ( I hope!)

zagga: calls $28.25 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
webcowboy: shows [4s 3d] (two pair, Sevens and Threes)
zagga: shows [2d 2h] (a full house, Deuces full of Sevens)
zagga collected $90.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $93.50 | Rake $3
Board [2c 5c 3s 7d 7c]
Seat 1: + to the EV! folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: 40licks folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: webcowboy showed [4s 3d] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Threes
Seat 4: zagga (button) showed [2d 2h] and won ($90.50) with a full house, Deuces full of Sevens
Seat 5: TheHoboKing (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: wdh2240 (big blind) folded before Flop

All that and a driving lesson with Mrs A which went like a dream!I'm heading over to my old folks place tonight for dinner and some pokery fun at the tables with my Mum.
Edit:We bombed out of three 18 player $1.75 turbo's before we won the last one.Mother Acorn is a happy lady!

It'll be car chat with my Dad as I'm now also considering trading in my Alfa for a Fiesta ST.The idea of paying off my existing loan and having a year free of payments sounds good but my car will probably lose about £1k ( only worth around £2k now) over the next year and I'd be crossing my fingers for a cheap MOT in Sept.

The Fiesta is just as fast as my Alfa ( 0-62mph 7.9 secs for fiesta) but will be cheaper to insure and run.I'd also be able to afford an almost new one instead of getting an Accord or Civic Type R with 40k miles and which is a few years old.

Going to the BP Youth Cup final between Rangers Under 19's and celt*c under 19's tomorrow night.7pm kick off and it's pay at the gate.They are exepecting a crowd of around 15000 which isn't bad for a youth game.( level below the reserves)
Go on the wee Gers!


Ok,thanks for wading through another long-winded post.( or skimming through and reading this bit!)

Here's a couple of funnies from the paper before I go...

Most bar staff are friendly characters, but one we overheard in a Glasgow bar was perhaps just a bit tired after a long shift. Asked by a customer to call for a taxi for him, he was approached by the customer 10 minutes later and asked where the taxi was.

"I only call them," the barman replied, "not drive them."


And do we believe the reader who claims he overheard a woman in a bar tell her female pals that she and her husband usually ended up in the doggie position in bed. While her friends stared at her she then added: "Yes, hubby sits up and begs. And I roll over and play dead."

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good bloggerment on sunday, damn that bubble!

Btw, your last post had links to 'shaven gymnast', but sadly these didn't lead anywhere... ;-(

(this is what the crowd are actually chanting on the bit before 'Run Like Hell' on 'The Wall')
Hon-da....Hon-da....Hon-da,

 
At Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad u like the "alternative" league table and I hope Stephen keeps his going as well.

yo Trout !! get yer eyes tested !

dB ?? dB ?? ffs its dD :)

ahem, sorry acorn, rant over ... snigger

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acorn

I'm with you re your feelings on the britBloggerment.

but i know what cell was getting at ... some blogs i have commented on are decidedly cool in their response to anon comments ...

regards

dD

ps the britBloggerment has restored my enthusiasm for ra jiggery pokery, long may it continue :)

 
At Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, Blogger TenMile said...

Cornman! Chip dumping - taint always the way it looks. I have become pot committed and said "what the hell", and kicked in the last three or four hundred, just knowing I was beat; not wanting to hang around for the inevitable all-in to send me home thrity minutes later, without playing a hand in all that time.

It is not good poker; but sometimes, just sometimes.

It does not have a thing to do with any person receiving them, just the tilt reaction of a bad read costing you.

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

I'll echo the comments regarding the blogger game.
Personally I have never met, or even spoken to any of the people I play with on a sunday night (although I wouldn't mind playing Juice at pool for money!!) and I find it a real laugh. (And after playing with you all I'm not sure I ever do want to meet or speak to any of you ;0) - especially that BurnleyMik guy!!).

Great work with the league table dD - I'm preferring yours over Stephens right now (I wonder why?).

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, its like that cloud! Well the feeling is mutual!!!! ;o) the hairy gymnast thing freaks me out!

I agree with you acorn that things can easily get mis-construed in the chat box, but as long as we make it clear to take everything with a pich of salt, then we should all be fine! I certainly dont want to make anyone feel left out, but if they don't want to contribute to the chat, then thats not a problem, but dont expect me not to comment on them, in some form, in the game and in the write-up. It's just what I do..... that said if someone does feel strongly about this, then let me know and I will back-off.

I just want these blogger-games to be a break from the normal online poker games, to be able to chat and rib each other in a good natured way. Nothing said, by anyone, is meant to be offensive I am sure of it!

ATB

BM

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost forgot.......

VVNH's... wooooooo. Especially when you get paid on the Quads!!! Not sure why the guy came along for the ride with the 10's?, but I would make sure I rembered his name!!!!


nice one!

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Ive said it before i will say it again, Scottish pool tables are a different size to London pool tables! Also i thought it rude to embarrass acorn with my skills since he was giving me a lift home!

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

I make you right Juice - the pockets are tighter!!

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

what exactly does DD stand for? Dick dastardly? Darren Day?

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

cloud: The scottish tables were like a cross between a london table and a snooker table!

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

DD: I think you need to name and shame those who dont like the anonymous comments. I thought you only did the anonymous thing because you dont want the scum reading your blog!

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Nice1 :)
Paul

 
At Thursday, 26 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Juice if the pockets had been bigger I'd just have beaten you more quickly!Next time I'll try left handed or blindfold to give you a chance :-)


Thanks to everyone else who commented too.Great stuff lads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document