Sunday, April 15, 2007

Motoring + Stats



I was up early today at 12pm as I've not slept well the past two Sunday nights after far longer lies.I'm not a big F1 fan as it's been fairly unexciting over the last few years.I am however enjoying watching young Brit,Lewis Hamilton,in his first F1 season and exceeding most expectations.Gaun yersel son!

On the subject of cars I'm thinking of trading in my beloved Alfa for a Honda Accord Type r.I was more interested in the Civic Type R but the S-man recommended the Accord and it may be the better option.I'm going to try and resist the lure of the Honda a little longer.A test drive may just convince me!

To the poker and after last nights late night post, I joined a Party $50 6 max nl table and lost $20 over 1/2 hr, as not much seemed to hold up,hit or work generally.I moved to a $100nl 6 max table and left $185 up at 4.30am.My vpip was 21.5%,Pfr 11%.

I don't usually post "What would you do?" type posts, as poker is a very situational game.( as I tried to show with last weeks "thin lines" post).I thought I'd put this hand out there and see what feedback I get.The villain was 26% vpip and raising 16% of hands preflop.I was running at 20% vpip/9.6% pfr.I'd also been giving up my blinds fairly easily ( I don't go mad defending them at cash tables)and that's why I called with K10 here.The clue is that I feel I should have reraised the villains flop bet with a far larger bet or even reraised preflop.The villain was all in for his last $71 on the river and I folded.I'll give my reasoning later.What would you put the villain on and would you make the call?Here's the hand.

This wee hand against the big stack didn't quite work out but was partly why I feel the big stack made the call later on in this hand .He had been running over the table and I'm sure he felt I was taking a stand against him ( 26% vpip,17% pfr) after folding a lot of my blinds to his apparent steals.

The hand above also reminded me why I love poker sometimes as much as I detest it at other times.The $15 turbo's etc are fun and Sharky says I average $2 profit both at Full Tilt ( $11 turbos) and 'Stars ( $15 ,18 plyr) but they do not get my heart beating out of my chest like cash table games, especially ones above $50nl.What a buzz, although when he called my $156 all in bet I was bricking it!

Other notable hands from the session were this one where I felt that after being blinded down from my starting stack and getting pushed off a couple of hands,that it was time to take a stand with my Ace and nut flush draw on the turn.This hand came after I'd built my stack a little and felt confident enough to play my best game and represent what I didn't have.( although I probably won with the best hand)

Righty, time for my fortnightly stats update.( includes $20 transferred from Full Tilt to Stars via Miami Mark).

Ladbrokes $1422,'Stars $423,Party $798,Full Tilt $1218,Pokerroom $772.Total $4633.( + $415 since 31/3)

Ok,thanks for reading and don't forget to register for tonights Britbloggerment game.Only 6 in so far!

Oh and before I go ,if you want to read how an Amsterdam trip report should be written up,then visit here.It brought back some happy memories of my own recent visit and is how a proper trip report should be done.

Until next time make mine an awfuckit call....

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, 15 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

That car is pure sex!

 
At Sunday, 15 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Its hard to tell what the guy had. $2.5 isnt that strong. what is it pretty mucha mimum raise. I dont think its JJ, QQ or KK. The river bet could be a busted flush draw. but i think he either has two pair or a straight. Hes not backing off to your agression on the flop or the turn. i dont think anyone but a maniac would go mental with a single pair. So lets say QJ or JK and hes trying to protect his hand with the river making a full house.

 
At Sunday, 15 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Personally with KT id want to play a small pot. Firstly because although you have top pair and a straight draw it doestn look iek your top pair is good enough and second you are drawing to the second best draw. The guy could already have the the nut straight. The flop betting didnt slow him down. so im sticking with my original thoughts on the hand

 
At Monday, 16 April, 2007, Blogger Pauly said...

Glad you liked the Dam trip report!

 
At Monday, 16 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Juice.I'm still sifting through all the responses to that one ( ok,yours so far!) and will post the hand the villain had tomorrow or Wed.

I did indeed Dr Pauly.Your report made me want to jump on the next flight to Schipol...

 
At Thursday, 19 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, that car is amazing.

Second, I agree with Juice about it was tough to tell what the other guy had. Not a spot Id like to be in.

Keep up the good work

 
At Thursday, 19 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks OPU.Your kind words are much appreciated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document