Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thin Lines

Not a reference to the hairlines of my good friends Miami Mark or the S-man, but just a post title to sum up my last couple of nights at the virtual felt.Thankfully on most occasions I seem to have been on the right side of the line.

For example I called a raise and reraise in a $15 turbo with JJ and beat the 1010 the reraiser held.If he'd shown QQ/KK/AA there then my call goes from good to bad in an instant.The only reason I called was because he'd shown down a few less than premium hands and I suspected he wasn't as strong as he wished to appear.

I've been 3rd twice,lost with the best hand three times,bubbled once and donked out of a couple more $15 turbos since my last post.Damn I hate the bubble!I'd rather be first out....!

I have resisted the Late night Crapshoot this week and focussed on finding juicy cash tables late on at night.When selecting my table I like a high average pot and usually don't like to sit at tables where most players have well over the initial buy-in.If it's $50nl 6 max then four or five players around the $40 mark is usually ideal.However, recently I've noticed that when most of the table have much larger stacks than the buy-in, then this can be down to one generous fish.

I love the fact that the Loose aggressive style seems to be in fashion at the moment.Not many people like playing a great LA type but there are so many poor LA wannabees ( almost maniacs) out there at my levels that ( cards willing) it is very profitable to sit with them.

Here a couple of examples of hands against a player who raised almost every pot to $5 preflop.I've changed the fishies name in case he googles himself and never darkens laddies door again!I hope these examples also show it's not just a case of waiting for AA/KK.It's more about waiting for the right opportunities.


** Game ID 727710939 starting - 2007-04-11 23:49:17
** Ganton [Hold 'em] (0.25|0.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Loose fish sitting in seat 1 with $50.00
- dj_brutal sitting in seat 2 with $117.69
- thescbird sitting in seat 3 with $50.50 [Dealer]
- iamafish sitting in seat 4 with $108.51
- Acornman sitting in seat 5 with $48.00
- dawwwas sitting in seat 6 with $186.91

iamafish posted the small blind - $0.25
Acornman posted the big blind - $0.50

** Dealing card to Acornman: 6 of Clubs, 10 of Diamonds

dawwwas called - $0.50
Loose Fish raised - $1.00
dj_brutal called - $1.00
thescbird folded
iamafish folded

>> Ok, I have a crap hand and no position but the LAG/Maniac has raised every pot so far and as I've not played a hand I'm gonna to go with the massive implied odds v the fish who has just rebought.

Acornman called - $1.00
dawwwas called - $1.00

** Dealing the flop: 7 of Hearts, 10 of Spades, 8 of Clubs

Ok,I've flopped top pair and a gutshot straight.I was tempted to bet out but I'll let the fish do the work.

Acornman checked
dawwwas checked
Loose Fish bet - $5.00
dj_brutal folded
Acornman called - $5.00
dawwwas folded

** Dealing the turn: 3 of Clubs

No help for my gutshot but I still reckon my top pair is good.Frankly putting the villain on a range here is nearly impossible.

Acornman checked
Loose Fish bet - $10.00

Beginning to worry about my kicker.Could he have AJ,J10 or even a nightmare ( for me) 96?

Acornman called - $10.00

** Dealing the river: 3 of Hearts

I don't think the 3 improved his hand and feel mine is probably still ahead but I don't want to face an all in .I'll bet the price I would be willing to call.

Acornman bet - $12.00
Loose Fish called - $12.00
Acornman shows: 6 of Clubs, 10 of Diamonds
Loose Fish mucks:
Acornman wins $55.35 from the main pot

The second hand ( below)is posted to show just how weak the fish was and maybe helps put the hand above in some perspective.I didn't bet the river because he was so loose n fishy I expected he'd call me down with anything and almost anything beat me.


** Game ID 727725068 starting - 2007-04-12 00:08:34
** Ganton [Hold 'em] (0.25|0.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Loose Fish sitting in seat 1 with $30.80
- dj_brutal sitting in seat 2 with $103.69
- thescbird sitting in seat 3 with $37.50 [Dealer]
- iamafish sitting in seat 4 with $184.09
- Acornman sitting in seat 5 with $73.67
- dawwwas sitting in seat 6 with $207.20

iamafish posted the small blind - $0.25
Acornman posted the big blind - $0.50
dj_brutal posted to play - $0.50

** Dealing card to Acornman: 10 of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts

>>> I'm not sure any book would recommend calling a raise with J10 from the big blind but with huge implied odds and a tight image I think it's ev +.

dawwwas folded
Loose fish raised - $1.50
dj_brutal folded
thescbird called - $1.50
iamafish folded
Acornman called - $1.50

** Dealing the flop: King of Diamonds, 2 of Hearts, 9 of Clubs

I've flopped a gutshot and possibly have two overcards to the the villains hand.Rather than let him dictate with a raise I can't call,I decide to set the price I'm willing to pay to hit the golden Queen and hope my tight image means he'll respect my bet enough to just call.

Acornman bet - $1.00
Loose Fish called - $1.00
thescbird called - $1.00

** Dealing the turn: Ace of Clubs

No queen for the straight but betting after a scarey Ace may just take it or at least build the pot if the Queen falls on the river.

Acornman bet - $1.50
Loose Fish called - $1.50
thescbird folded

** Dealing the river: 4 of Spades

>> My hand doesn't look so pretty now and although I'm tempted to fire the 3rd bullet he's just the type of player to call me down.

Acornman checked
Loose fish checked

Acornman shows: 10 of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts
Loose fish mucks:
Acornman wins $10.95 from the main pot

>>cue loud laughter and guffawing from me.What the feck did he have?!!

The fish left and I moved to another table soon after and lost $20 chasing after I accidentally raised to $1 with 83s.It was reraised and when I called the flop gave me a spade flush draw and a straight draw,neither of which came in by the river.

I won a nice pot against another loosey goosey, when I raised with JJ and called a reraise.The flop came 7s7c4c and when he led out ,I made a huge reraise and won at showdown when he called.( his hand was mucked but I'd guess at 88/99.)

Ok,that's all for today.Don't forget everyone is welcome to play in the Britbloggerment game this Sunday 'Stars at 9pm BST.It's gonna be bigger than the Grand National!

Find it under the tourney and private tab.Password is Donkament.There are only five in so far so please get registering....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document