Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday musings...

I’ve had a fairly poor poker week so far apart from placing a couple of times in Laddys Crap shoot.I managed to run QQ into AA preflop at $50 NL full ring table which cost me a buy-in.Once again I hadn’t been at the table too long and didn’t have any real read on my opponents play before committing my chips which was silly.I doubt I’d do the same at $100 nl but in my defence my table was quite fishy and at least I was the aggressor and not the caller.

A few failed $15 turbo’s at ‘Stars also combined to take a minor chunk out of my bankroll with donk play by me causing one of my losses and losing two races where I was ahead preflop costing me the others.I did at least manage a 2nd place in a Full Tilt $11 turbo last night and I think I would have managed the win if Mrs A hadn’t arrived home just as we got heads up.

I moved to a Laddys cash table and basically began to tread water for ¾ hour.In fact when I left I asked myself why the hell I hadn’t moved to another table as the whole table seemed to be fairly solid.There are so many fish online there just isn’t a need to sit and waste time at tables where nobody stands out as a complete donk.Mind you they say if you can't spot the donk....

I think one of my major leaks as a player is that I’’m very much a confidence player.A few suckouts or donk plays by myself and I sink into a more passive mode where I become scared to take the opportunities that come my way and I slow play too often.On the other hand if I make a good start to the night then the confidence flows and so does the cash.

I may begin my poker nights by warming up at a lower buy-in than my usual game from now on.I'm also vowing to stop being such a lazy bassa and go for some bonuses for a change.I like the variety of playing on different sites and maybe deep down ( for some daft reason) I want to know that my profits are due to poker skill but it's bonkers to ignore the bonuses out there completely.

Ok,Don't forget to register for the Britbloggerment 3 tourney at 'Stars on Sunday at 8.30 pm BST.( 3.30 pm est).

Roll on...

6 Comments:

At Friday, 06 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HU -?

Bad moment to start the "i care more about you than i do about poker....'how's your day been dear conversations'"

 
At Friday, 06 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It was worse than that s-man.Step A had gone to bed so I lit a herbal refreshment and also an incense stick in case she made an appearance.I didn't realise I'd placed it in the mug Step A bought the Mrs for mothers day.I was telling Mrs A that when washed out she'd never know the difference which resulted in her thrusting it under my nose during a crucial hand and me getting slightly annoyed!

But you're right ,the timing sucked!

 
At Saturday, 07 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

I actually have a teenager on work experience with me at the moment and perhaps drugging them isnt such a bad idea to calm their constant sarcastic commentary!

 
At Saturday, 07 April, 2007, Blogger Mark said...

Hey Acorn,

Good point about the confidence play - fall into that myself sometimes... will have to have a think about how to overcome it!

Cheers, Mark

 
At Saturday, 07 April, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Surely your not getting outdone in the witty banter stakes by a mere teenager Juice?!

Thanks Mark.Glad it's not just me!

 
At Saturday, 07 April, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

Wit doesnt come into it. This is a war of attrition! and in any war of attrition there are no winners only losers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document