Wednesday, March 28, 2007

C'mon Scotland!

I had a nasty night last night at the tables.It began well at a $15 turbo ( 18 player as usual ) when I doubled up with AA v QQ on the first hand.

I was feeling good at the final table until my KK was beaten by 88 and I went out when my 66 fell to A4.Before I did crash out though I was using Sharkscope to full effect and folded when I had bet out with AQ and been reraised by a Shark ( as rated by Sharkscope) and I also called an all in raise with AJ after a mega tilting fish ( thanks Sharkscope!) raised all in under the gun with A9.( My AJ held up).

I moved to Laddys and felt I played quite well in the late night Crapshoot but didn’t make the money after my pocket nines were beaten by AQ just at a crucial stage.I hit a cash table after that but couldn’t get going at all and after calling a few raises with pocket pairs ( and missing) I was getting even more frustrated.I folded top pair decent kicker to a large reraise and decided to leave ( $30 down overall) as it just didn’t seem to be my night.

Party has been good to me recently so with that in mind I opened a full ring $50 nl table and managed to lose a buy-in over the course of two hands.I lost $20 on the first hand when some donkey muppet called all the way to the river to hit his flush draw.Thankfully he checked and I checked behind as it was obvious he was chasing it and had hit.

I was dealt JJ in the very next hand and instantly typed “hehe” in the chat box to make the table think I was still steaming from the last hand.I like doing that when I suffer a beat and get dealt a monster on the next hand but unfortunately I was steaming a little and JJ may be a top 10 hand but it isn’t a monster to go to war with at a table I’d just joined and where I had no reads at all.

The flop came low rags and I bet the the pot,the villain called and I bet the pot again when a King fell on the turn hoping to represent AK ( or a the high pair I’d been representing on the flop).I was out of position and the silly tilty mistake I made was to go all in for my last $18 when a blank fell on the river.I was called by the villains QQ and immediately switched off my laptop and went to bed.

I’m not too bothered as nights like that are all part of the game and have to be sooked up and put in perspective when taken against my overall bankroll.

Mrs A is working tonight so I’ll be looking after Step A and watching Scotland take on World Cup winners ,Italy,in their own back yard tonight.We got a great result at the weekend when we beat Georgia 2-1 and are currently top of a qualifying group that includes the other World Cup finalists France and quarter finalists Ukraine.There seems to be an air of optimism surrounding the team just now which probably means we’re in for a 4 or 5 goal beating tonight!

Still there are no easy games in international football,unless yer playing England of course... :-)))

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez I hate company pc's, I can't download any poker games!!!!!! I need my fix, I think I need to tell my company I need my fix so gimme poker on my pc!! Think it will work....????

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha

I think last time we played the sweaty socks (only kidding) I was in Spain remember the Scholes goal. Ah comon acorn mate theres only 1 team in the UK and that's England.

Only 1 team in Scotland ans thats Rangers so i hope I can be forgiven for the sweaty socks bit lol.

Continued success seeing as I'm about a 3rd Scottish :)

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No poker MM? That's pish man!Good luck on Mon at the interview mate even though San Jose Mark just doesn't have the same ring to it :-)

Hey donkey the last time we played the mighty Ingurland we thrashed you lot 1-0 at Wembley!

As your a Gers man I'll say no more.( like mention the result over both legs!!)

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always see donks who call you down with a flush draw, make it on the river and then check it to you.... Do you think this is because they feel guilty or do they really think you are so stupid you would raise?? It baffles me!

ATB

BM

 
At Thursday, 29 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I reckon they think their flush is somehow highly disguised and that I would raise.Baffles me too!

 
At Friday, 30 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 - 0

Can't rememeber that one but then I only watch the major games. Must have been a friendly :p

I better go :)))

 
At Friday, 30 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I'll get your coat :-)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document