Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Man flu....

Stop the world,Acornman has man flu again.I suppose at least this gets it out the way and I should be fighting fit for next Tuesdays 4 day trip to the ‘Dam.I’ve been playing poker long enough to realise my game is shot when I don’t feel well so I’ve been sensible enough to stick to a couple of sng’s and a few FT freerolls.

I did play in Laddys late night crapshoot and although I donked out when my 88 was called by Mr A5 who flopped a straight I made back the entry fee at a $50 nl cash table.Despite feeling like I’m at deaths door ( it is man flu afterall) I was quite enjoying my cash table last night and only reluctantly switched off because it was getting too late.

Rangers play Osasuna tonight in Spain and take 1 -1 draw into the 2nd leg.I’m not overly confident because the Spaniards have a fine home record and our best player ( Ferguson) is suspended.Mrs A is working so I may hit the tables after the game if I feel I can focus on the table properly.

I enjoyed watching Mark from Plan3tgongs poker vid of some of his bubble play even if I couldn’t make out the names/stack sizes.Mark explained things well and I’m looking forward to more.His reassuring Airline pilot voice helped although I kept expecting him to tell me what altitude we were cruising at and how the weather was looking at our destination!

Ok I'm off,the fitba has kicked off....

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger TripJax said...

i like the term man flu...good stuff.

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol !!
imagine not having heard of man-flu :))
to the point ....
uk blogger tourney - set it up my good man and let us all know where and when
suggest if its half way successful to play different games each week/month etc,etc

note: i am not a hold'em player so expect serious donkey plays

your friendly lurker
dD

ps we (queens 11) deserved to go out last nite 'cause we were pish

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2nd note

please do not make it bloggers only .......... 'cause i dont have one !!

lurking, again

dD

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

Get better soon, Acorn!

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your ill acorn and man-flu...... OMG. I hope you are getting plenty of sympathy and TLC, as this is a vital part of any treatment for this Man-crippling illness... ;-)(women just couldn't understand how bad this really is!)

Anonymous... we are on with the tourney for bloggers and blog readers. Hopefully first one is on Sunday March 25th, Pokerstars, 9pm. We will confirm everything ASAP, including passwords, buy-ins etc. So hope to see your there!!

BM

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers all.

We were pish dD.Roll on next season and see you at the tourney..

BM,Some sympathy from Mrs A but I'm not sure she's grasped just how unwell I am.Sniffle sniffle!

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When faced with 'manflu', women generally come out with the "when i'm ill i still have to run the house, look after the kids etc".....yeh? - but you don't have manflu.

*ducks*

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Going to the Dam?

Enjoy!!!

;-)

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acorn (and bm)

the 25th is in the diary :)

I assume the buy-in wont be extortionate, so us little fishes can afford to play ?

Also assume it will be (the dreaded) no limit hold'em ?

regards

dD

ps BM - please call me dD, makes me feel part of the "community" :))

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry dD!! see you there!

S-man, you have just not worked out this man-flu properly! If your mrs is saying things like that to you, you are simply not able to 'milk' the situation enough! You need them to feel sooooooo sorry for you that they would feel bad for nagging!! (or is this not possible?)..lol


;-) ;-)

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I most certainly will Snoopy :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document