Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bella Bella

Not long back from a fantastic lunch with my sister at Italian restaurant Piccolo Mondo, which is just around the corner from my work.Stuffed mushrooms, followed by a chicken/pasta and roast potatoe dish hit the spot and it was great to catch up with my wee sister too.

We chatted about everything from relationships to the fact we both hate the current Picture loans advert, where the Geordie woman is on the phone to the loan company ,covers the handset and mouths “twenty five thousand” at her husband who smiles and agrees.As if you’d come up with a sum like that off the top of your head and leave discussing it until that point.

I gave my sister a laugh by telling her the story of the lift I gave Step A to school the other day.I was playing “Abbey Road” on the cd player and asked if she knew who the biggest band in the world of all time are.Snow-patrol was the answer, but the best part was that she didn’t recognise any of the band members until I mentioned John Lennon ,whereupon her eyes lit up and she said she knew he was Neil Lennons ( celt*c player) brother!Hmmmmmm!

To the poker and I only played for a short while last night crashing out of an 18 player $15 turbo on ‘Stars when I ran AK into 33 and then into AA.No wonder they call AK “walking back to Texas”.I also failed in a $2.20 triple shootout qualifier.

The Laddys late night crapshoot was next and this time I was paying enough attention to be able to chip up a little through blatant steals even although I was card dead before eventually running 33 into 55 and crashing out.

I looked for a juicy 6 max table and found one that was only a $20 buy-in but had an average pot of $14.I doubled my buy-in fairly quickly with a nice wee hand against a big fishy.He was so fishy people were asking him if they could add him to their buddy list ( you have to agree on Laddys) and he was readily agreeing.( whilst wondering why he was so popular no doubt!)

I do kind of worry this blog is becoming a fairly boring record of my results every night which really only I’m interested in, but I’m going to plod on and I’m hoping to do a wee strategy piece on the different styles required for the various games I play soon.

Ok, here’s a couple of funnies before I go…

Here's the classic tale of the disgusted American visitor who shouted out in a Glasgow pub:

"Doesn't anyone teach you guys to wash your hands in this country?"

"Naw," shouted back one punter. "They teach us no' to pee on our fingers."

Sound reasoning

Oh, dear. Do we really believe the reader who tells us he was playing Trivial Pursuit with friends and when one of them landed on Science & Nature she was asked: "If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?"She thought for a minute before asking: "Is it on or off?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 03 March, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

You know my boss told me today that one of the thing she finds really funny is those candid camera shows where peopel send in their "funny" tapes for 250 quid. I never under stood who watched these shows and thus kept getting the run renewed. The same applies to snow patrol!

I now have my explanation

I blame step a!

 
At Saturday, 03 March, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You're right! I'm gonna dock her pocket money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document